Neil Young & Crazy Horse's "Ragged Glory"

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Please tell me I'm not the only one who isn't impressed at all with this album. I'm only recently getting into the massive catalogue of NY's music, but I've had Ragged Glory for at least a couple months now. It's never sunk in. All of the songs sound very similar, with the exception of maybe Fuckin' Up, Farmer John, and Mother Earth, and none of them are particularly jaw-dropping at all.

I read that this is up there with his best albums, but I feel it's a pretty weak outing myself. What do you think?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    You might be the only one. I love that record.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • I know that I love that CD......

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972

On a completely unrelated note.....HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    the genius of neil young is never questioned.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    for me its not one of his essentials but still is good, country house is also a top tune as is the "years that used to be(probably not exact title)

not up there with After the Goldrush, On the Beach or Tonights the Night and a few others but there are a couple outright dodgy N Young records(Transformer) which Ragged Glory certainly aint
  • I personally think that Zuma has been his greatest work with Crazy Horse.
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    that's a great neil young record.
  • disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    We had to wait for almost 15 years to see Country Home and White Line (and I believe also Fuckin' Up) to put on a record....

It's a great album, but the best with Crazy Horse? Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Zuma and Greendale are also good albums...

But my fav at this moment is Living With War.... Let's impeach the president hehehe
    This is an album without Crazy Horse.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I probably should just listen to it more. I do like Fuckin' Up, Over and Over, Farmer John, and Days that Used to Be... but they're definitely not classics.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • We had to wait for almost 15 years to see Country Home and White Line (and I believe also Fuckin' Up) to put on a record....

It's a great album, but the best with Crazy Horse? Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Zuma and Greendale are also good albums...

But my fav at this moment is Living With War.... Let's impeach the president hehehe
    This is an album without Crazy Horse.
    Yeah I was disapointed that "Living With War" didn't have the Horse on it.. it was great though.

I love Ragged Glory.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"