Speaking of Robert Plant, Zeppelin, etc...

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited February 2008 in Other Music
If any of you guys haven't heard Jimmy Page and Robert Plant's "No Quarter" album from the mid 90's, you NEED to check it out. It's basically the two reuniting and reworking some of the deeper Zep cuts, with a bunch of original stuff too. A lot of it has a huge Eastern sound to it, really cool. They worked with a bunch of Eastern musicians too. There's a DVD of it which I saw once and is pretty great as well.

So check it out if you haven't already. The new version of Nobody's Fault but Mine is outstanding, and the riff in The Truth Explodes (a new song) is colossal.
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Yes...........Fantastic album.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I would add that there was an original CD released way back when, and then a remastered CD which got released at the time the DVD got released. I think Oct 2005. The remastered CD has a slightly different track listing. For example, Thank you was dropped and Rain song was added. A few other changes as well. Words cannot describe how incredible the sound mastering on the Oct 2005 CD is. If you have a high end stereo, you just won't believe it. Amazing takes on all of the songs.

One final note. Watch Michael Lee on drums. He is unbelievable. For example, on the DVD, watch him on Four Sticks, When the levee breaks.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • the Kasmir on "No Quarter" owns.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    I would add that there was an original CD released way back when, and then a remastered CD which got released at the time the DVD got released. I think Oct 2005. The remastered CD has a slightly different track listing. For example, Thank you was dropped and Rain song was added. A few other changes as well. Words cannot describe how incredible the sound mastering on the Oct 2005 CD is. If you have a high end stereo, you just won't believe it. Amazing takes on all of the songs.

One final note. Watch Michael Lee on drums. He is unbelievable. For example, on the DVD, watch him on Four Sticks, When the levee breaks.

Michael Lee was great on that DVD, and his work on Walking into Clarksdale is pretty stellar too. That album had lots of potential, its a shame that the production ruined a lot of the songs - I dont know what Jimmy was thinking of when he let Steve Albini behind the mixing desk, but the guitar and vocal sound is absolutely horrible. I would love to hear that album remixed and remastered.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."