Springsteen's voice

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Okay, so I'm sure we're all familiar with the voice of Bruce Springsteen. It's instantly recognizable and he's without a doubt one of my favorite vocalists ever. But my question is, how is it that he sings the way he does for 30+ years without his voice being completely shot? Obviously it's never been an angelically soft and beautiful voice that can deteriorate with age... but even so, how does he keep it consistent? I hear live performances of Born in the USA or Badlands and I have no idea how his voice even lasts throughout his 2+ hour set, much less 30 years. If I sung like that my voice would be hoarse within minutes.

Not really sure why I'm wondering. Just curious I guess. I'm sure Bathgate66 can help me on this one. :D
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• randy5554randy5554 Posts: 6
    Good question! I've seen interview footage from earlier tours (perhaps BITUSA or River Tour) that were taken post-show. He has trouble speaking because his voice is so shot from the performance. He must have to be really careful and watch his voice while he is on tour.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Hgh
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    does he smoke? or abuse his throat in any other way? does he rest his voice after and/or during a tour when he's not performing?

if the answers to the above questions are no, no and yes respectively, then there's your answer most likely. he takes care of himself.

if on the other hand springsteen does smoke or whatever, then i have nothing. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    insurance.

:)

lots of hot tea before ( sometimes during and after also ) showtime.

also, the e street band helps him out with much of the vocals in a live performance.

and, afterall, he is the boss.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life