Slash's Snakepit

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Anyone here a fan of the It's Five O'Clock Somewhere album? I only recently picked it up out of curiosity and a lot of it is really good. It has it's share of second-rate GNR knockoffs, but it has plenty of good stuff in there too. The opener Neither Can I is mindblowing... it's a real gritty, downright dirty-sounding blues song that's really cool. I don't know who the singer is, but I like his voice and he fits well. Obviously Slash and his guitar are in center stage throughout the whole album... Beggars and Hangers-On has a really cool riff in the chorus and the interplay between the two guitars in that song is classic.

Any Slash fans, or GNR fans, or fans of guitar based blues/rock should check it out. It won't change your life or anything, but it's a cool hidden treasure. I might check out the other Snakepit CD eventually, but I heard it's not that great. Has anyone heard that one?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holtzholtz Posts: 509
    It's Five O'clock is decent, the lyrics are the big hold up for me. FOr the second album Slash got a new singer, Rod Jackson, I think its an improvement. I like Ain't Life Grand better than the first album, check out Serial Killer and Been There Lately. I saw this version of the band live and they were really good, even got to meet the band afterwards.

You might also want to check out Gilby Clarke's first solo album Pawnshop Guitars if you like Snakepit, alot of the same guys and some good tunes.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    First cd singer is Eric Dover (former Jellyfish guitarist)
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    bobasfeet wrote:
    First cd singer is Eric Dover (former Jellyfish guitarist)

i love jellyfish