Soundgarden's cover of Come Together

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Wow. I've always had this song in my library but I never really bothered to listen to it. I've been missing out. Such an awesome song... it's definitely Come Together, but it has that dark psychadelic Soundgarden sound to it that just makes it their own. If anyone wants to hear the song I'll upload it later today. Oh by the way, it is a studio cover, so it's not just a live recording. I think it was a b-side to an early single.

Any thoughts?
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    DOSW wrote:
    Wow. I've always had this song in my library but I never really bothered to listen to it. I've been missing out. Such an awesome song... it's definitely Come Together, but it has that dark psychadelic Soundgarden sound to it that just makes it their own. If anyone wants to hear the song I'll upload it later today. Oh by the way, it is a studio cover, so it's not just a live recording. I think it was a b-side to an early single.

Any thoughts?

It is good!

soundgarden did some cool covers. Helter Skelter and CopKiller were awesome too. My fav is probalby copkiller.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Come Together by Soundgarden?
    Where!

do you have a link?:D
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • man, I would love to get a hold of some soundgarden covers... could someone hook a brotha up?
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Come Together, right now, over me.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Come Together, right now, over me.:D

Thanks. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • DOSW wrote:

Any thoughts?

Actually, its on this EP, http://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/soundgarden/loudest_love/

I have this song on a Beatles cover CD that I made myself, it follows "I've Got a Feeling" buy some popular American band:)
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • kick ass cover.

no one mentioned into the void yet, so heads up!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

Ah, I see. Weird, it sounds more like a Badmotorfinger-era song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Also featured in the "Hands All Over" single
  • Come Together, right now, over me.:D

thanks for the link... this really is great:)
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Thanks, this is great. I had no idea this even existed. Now what's this about a version of Helter Skelter?
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Girl You Want (Devo), Can You See Me (Hendrix) and Big Bottom (Spinal Tap) are also great Soundgarden covers if you are looking around for SG covers. Big Bottom isn't great quality though.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • I've also heard that Soundgarden did a cover of "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey", but I can't find it anywhere.
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...