Options

Chicago peeps??

ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I am flying in on Thursday to O'Hare airport for the EV shows.

Can I just jump on a train and take it downtown, or do I need to grab a cab?

Never been to Chicago before, except the airport, so any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    you can take the blue line from o'hare to the loop... get off at like monroe or jackson and i think the theater is over there somewhere... i forget exactly where it is
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/rail.html

Blue line all the way to downtown..............
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    $2 blue line

$40(ish) for a cab.

its ur call, and a cab wouldn't get yout ot he theater THAT much faster
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Here's another question. I'll be coming up I-57. Does anyone know if there is any major construction or anything going on there that could delay my arrival into Chicago? Right now, w/ no traffic I wouldn't be getting in to Chicago until 4:30 or 5.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    at that time of day, a cab would take significantly longer. Either arrange for a limo ride, or take the Blue Line.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Here's another question. I'll be coming up I-57. Does anyone know if there is any major construction or anything going on there that could delay my arrival into Chicago? Right now, w/ no traffic I wouldn't be getting in to Chicago until 4:30 or 5.
    isnt I-57 ALWAYS under construction??

in all seriousness though i think itll be fine this time of year since they like it to be clear for the ISU and U of I traffic... i dont think i remember seeing anything when i was down at school 2 weeks ago

be sure to give yourself plenty of time though just in case
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096

both 57 and the Dan Ryan are pretty clear these days, assuming that there are no accidents, you should be fine....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    poto101 wrote:
    $2 blue line

$40(ish) for a cab.

its ur call, and a cab wouldn't get yout ot he theater THAT much faster

Sounds like a no brainer then...

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Becky407Becky407 Posts: 21
    I'm so excited.. My friend and I are kinda making this a trip to go all out on so we got car service for the airport.. Never done that before so I'm excited that I don't have to lug our luggage around..

We will be taking the train around the city though. It's pretty nice and easy to use (coming from someone who lives in Vegas and never takes any public transportation).
  • Options
    Be sure to check with the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) -- I was recently in Chicago and a section of the blue line between the airport and downtown was closed for repairs. They were bussing people from O'Hare to a later stop on the blue line.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    give me a ticket and buy me a beer and I'll drive you around town.. :cool:
  • Options
    Be sure to check with the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) -- I was recently in Chicago and a section of the blue line between the airport and downtown was closed for repairs. They were bussing people from O'Hare to a later stop on the blue line.

That work ended a couple weeks ago.