Linkin park...take a bow

chakachaka Posts: 5
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Well, if you have heard, chris cornell was opening up for linkin park in their current australian tour...and i happened to buy tickets. I was contemplating on leaving the concert after cornells set...as i had something else on that night...but me staying was one the the greatest decisions of my life.

Linkin park were absolutely mind blowing...the production and the music was well done. It was definately one of the best concerts i have ever attended...and i have seen some of the biggest bands live.

Well done linkin park
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    I was at linkin park in sydney on saturday night.

I was really only there for Chris Cornell, who played a good set (though not 'great') and i didnt really think anything much before Linkin Park.

But they totally surprised me and were awesome, and really got the crowd going. They played extremely tight together and... yeah... what can i say... it rocked.

Can't say im going to start buying their albums or anything... but they certainly gained some respect from me as a live act.
  • Really? I definitely have to check them out then... I love their CD material... didn't think they could pull it off live, but after hearing so much from them on this board... I'll have to check out a concert of theirs.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i was in the mosh for LP when they came out a few years back for the LIVID festival. and i can say i'm not surprised you all have a respect for them live. but then again, i am an LP fan. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    but after hearing so much from them on this board... I'll have to check out a concert of theirs.
    really? i thought 90% of people on this board shit-talk them

anyways, yes, go to a concert
  • I'm so surprised that we've had like 6 posts in this thread so far and not one of them has bashed Linkin Park.

Good. Linkin Park are pop music, but very good pop music imo. I've never had a problem with them.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • chakachaka Posts: 5
    its weird cause so many people were commenting on how much better the band is live then they are in the studio.

but seriously, they are mind blowing...i was so surprised. And they have such a dedicated fan base...roaming the streets of sydney seeing os many people with linkin park t shirts. Great to see.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    They have some stinkers, but they also have some really catchy songs too. I love how they were "totally changin they sound". Apparently they didnt get their own memo. Isn't their new album pretty much like the last 2.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    They have some stinkers, but they also have some really catchy songs too. I love how they were "totally changin they sound". Apparently they didnt get their own memo. Isn't their new album pretty much like the last 2.

Have you heard it? Because aside from a very small amount of rapping, no it isn't.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Have you heard it? Because aside from a very small amount of rapping, no it isn't.

Have heard the singles, and they pretty well sound the same musically, as the 1st 2.

I am just pointin that out b/c when they released it they said they totally revamped their sound, recorded with vintage equip, and it was gonna sound more old schoolish. The guitar has the same tone its always had.
    chaka wrote:
    its weird cause so many people were commenting on how much better the band is live then they are in the studio.

but seriously, they are mind blowing...i was so surprised. And they have such a dedicated fan base...roaming the streets of sydney seeing os many people with linkin park t shirts. Great to see.

i swear twas the weirdest thing being in the CBD yesterday(monday) and in the space of walking 100m, spotting 8 LP tshirts.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Have heard the singles, and they pretty well sound the same musically, as the 1st 2.

I am just pointin that out b/c when they released it they said they totally revamped their sound, recorded with vintage equip, and it was gonna sound more old schoolish. The guitar has the same tone its always had.

OK, that's fair. :) It is different, but yes - they did over-egg the pudding in that regard.

• chakachaka Posts: 5
    i swear twas the weirdest thing being in the CBD yesterday(monday) and in the space of walking 100m, spotting 8 LP tshirts.

haha i was probably one of those 8 people
    chaka wrote:
    haha i was probably one of those 8 people

that is entirely possible. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say