Evolution to Gorillaz causes no PJ for weeks

Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
edited January 2007 in Other Music
hello, hello, hello, is there anybody out there, just nod if you've heard Gorillaz-Demon Days. Truly an unbelievable record. Difficult to describe in a few words, however, eclectic and modern work well. I can't stop listening to it. Has anybody heard it or seen Demon Days Live? Let me know what you think?
"My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'd like to hear this record. i like blur related stuff, the good the bad and the queen, and i like what i've heard on gorillaz' myspace.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    hello, hello, hello, is there anybody out there, just nod if you've heard Gorillaz-Demon Days. Truly an unbelievable record. Difficult to describe in a few words, however, eclectic and modern work well. I can't stop listening to it. Has anybody heard it or seen Demon Days Live? Let me know what you think?
    I've not seen it live, but I love that album. I've had it for about a year.

White Light - Love the building tension and then that spacey bridge. Crazy stuff.

"Don't get lost in heaven, they've got locks on the gates" is the most poignant drug OD line ever written, IMO.

The final cut, Demon Days, makes me drop everything and listen. Like gospel for atheists. Brilliant!
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Feel Good Inc. is a really good song, not a big fan of the whole album tho, esp the spoken word song. Their first album is a lot better IMO. And for live stuff I don't think they are doing anything for a while, and if they do it will only be a few dates, there was an article on them touring in Rolling Stone or something I believe.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Great group, great albums.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • I'd prefer he had continued 100% with Blur.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Is the "band" still together? I thought Damon Albarn said Demon Days would be the last Gorillaz album for awhile. Anyway, Demon Days was my favorite album released in 2005, I love it - especially Kids With Guns, Dennis Hopper's narration on Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head, November Has Come, et al. I'm really excited for Albarn's new project, which also has Danger Mouse producing.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • ........the cost of life seems to get cheapa,
    out in the dessert with a street sweepa.
    The war is ova
    so said the speaka,
    with the flight suit on,
    I hear I'm just a pawn
    so he can advance.
    remember when we used to dance,
    all I wanna do is dance.

Demon Days is sweet, every song on the album.

Return of the Ogar.
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    El Manana + Demon days rox my sox.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    fantastic album...the duo of 'dont get lost in heaven' and 'demon days' always gets me

for those of you who havent seen the live thing, you MUST watch it...it takes many of the songs to a whole new level
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • It's quite good.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    LedZepFan wrote:
    fantastic album...the duo of 'dont get lost in heaven' and 'demon days' always gets me

for those of you who havent seen the live thing, you MUST watch it...it takes many of the songs to a whole new level

What a production. RETURN OF THE OGARRRRRRRRRRR!
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    didnt hear it. was never really into gorillaz. might check it out later, but i heard feel good inc and wasnt impressed to tell the truth.