The Eraser - Thom Yorke's from Radiohead

grandr0yalgrandr0yal Posts: 67
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Checked the past 7 pages in other music and didnt see a post about it..

If i had to rate my fav bands 1 year ago Radiohead would be #1 and pearl jam would be #2... and this is how its been since 1996. After seeing a couple PJ shows this summer and my non-stop listening to them after the show i was just about ready to move PJ up to #1 on my list until...

The release of "The Eraser" from Thom Yorke, the lead singer behind the band Radiohead. Its a different sound, a small percentage of PJ fans probably have any intrest in RH whatsoever. The CD is amazing, it takes multiple listens and a couple readings through the lyrics to soak it in. Radioheads new stuff they have been touring in the US is unreal as well, i have the boots from a bunch of the shows.

Also, i couldnt believe this!

http://allcharts.org/music/world/albums.htm

It has no advertising, no hype, and its a solo album.. I dont know how that man does it.
06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
See yins in pittsburgh 2007
Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I'm just starting to get into Radiohead...in fact I'm listening to The Bends right now(picked that and OK Computer up the other night)....I've sampled the Eraser and it sounds pretty good, especially for an electronica album.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    the thing is... the eraser sounds EXACTLY like i expected it to sound...
    i usually like to be surprised... but i'm really digging this...

my favourite track is probably harrowdown hill...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    psycosmic wrote:
    the thing is... the eraser sounds EXACTLY like i expected it to sound...

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?