Saw Prince in concert last night...

lgtlgt Posts: 720
edited September 2007 in Other Music
and it was AWESOME!!!

What a fantastic show! :)

He really is a music genius, put on an AMAZING show, and totally worked the crowd, and truly I have NEVER seen a London crowd having so much fun and letting their hair down at a concert... it was unreal!

So, if you have the chance go see him live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Prince rocks. I'd love to see him live. I'd say it'd be ridiculously entertaining.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Prince rocks. I'd love to see him live. I'd say it'd be ridiculously entertaining.

It really was. He would go from rock to funk, to blues... mind-blowing!

Really one of the best concerts I have ever seen, I must admit - ranks almost par with last year's Pearl Jam shows in Italy" :D

Oh he even did the Foos Best of You! Though I was the only one around me noticing! :D

If you have the chance to see him play, GO!!! :)

He's been playing at the London O2 arena and the ticket prices are really quite cheap, relatively speaking.
  • Prince is amazing live. I saw him during the Purple Rain tour and then again a couple of years ago and both shows had equal intensity. The man is a real professional and a truly talented.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • saw him on the musicology tour. Great show. He was just so good. It did not matter if I knew the song or not. He did great at the super bowl half time too. It was pouring rain but it did not matter he still put on a top notch show.

Glad you enjoyed it. He really has had a wonderful career.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • I'd like to see him, too.

We almost went a few years ago, in Chicago...but then it got cancelled and ultimately was rescheduled for a night we had tickets to another show. Maybe some other time, though!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I saw him at one of his "Aftershows" in 2004 at the House of Blues in Hollywood. He came on at 2am, and I think he played til 4:30am. He didn't do many "hits", but it was trippy to be watching him at 4am!

I could have seen him on the Purple Rain tour, but I didn't.....OUCH!
  • i need to see him next time he comes around, he's one of those performers i need to see at least once in my lifetime. the man's a genius
  • still want to see him live..someday...
    Looks like he did a second encore 15 minutes after the house lights went up last night! and Elton John made an appearance on stage too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6994379.stm

I did think I should have bought another ticket to see him again, as soon as I left the gig! oh well :D
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I saw him at the o2 on the 21st sep, P-diddy came on for a number. the little midget fuck has soooooo many recognisable songs that I'd forgotten, he didnt really delve into any of the 'Dirty Mind' tunes though...........

impressed with the venue too, better than the wembley arena.
  • DeniDeni Posts: 233
    Prince is one of my favorite musicians in the whole world. I've loved him since Purple Rain... before Pearl Jam it was Prince... yep, Prince and Johnny Cash. That was the music of my youth. Well, there was a little Queen and a little Stevie Ray Vaughan too. :D I was pretty diverse for a kid. ;)
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
    elmer wrote:

impressed with the venue too, better than the wembley arena.

Totally agree.