Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

off_the_recordoff_the_record Posts: 843
edited July 2007 in Other Music
thoughts? i'm on my third trip though and lovin it. kinda short though.

i love "finer feelings"
Cheat the odds that made you
Brave to try to gamble at times
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i haven't heard it yet. I looked at their website and there is nothing :( where are you hearing it at?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • leaked today
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I just listened to it. I'm likin' it. I have never heard anything of theirs before today. I just looked at similar artists on last.fm and decided to download it.
    Cock Fight.
  • Tek Money wrote:
    I just listened to it. I'm likin' it. I have never heard anything of theirs before today. I just looked at similar artists on last.fm and decided to download it.

get "girls can tell", then "kill the moonlight", stat
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    What's the official release date?
  • allornone wrote:
    What's the official release date?

july 10th
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I'm surprised this one leaked so early, Icky Thump and Era Vulgaris still haven't leaked yet, have they? I'm hearing good things about Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, apparently it is more of a throwback to the KTM sound. I'm going to hold off on the leak because I will certainly be picking this one up when it comes out, but I'm enjoying reading the early impressions, most people seem to like it.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    very much looking forward to this record
  • Bump. The album came out today. Great album too.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I don't own anything of theirs and I'm not really sure why. I like them.

I saw them earlier this year and thought they were very cool. Simple, simplistic, talented, groovy. Love hearing "The Underdog" on the radio; I think "Camera" was just one of those songs where it was so well done because not a note, a tone, a chord, not thing was overdone. Minimal and just right.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i <3 spoon. the new record is great.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I enjoyed this record a lot.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Great record! Some very interesting stuff on this one...Kill the Moonlight is still on top for me for now
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Very cool record from start to finish. Very lean with only 10 tracks, but it also ensures there isn't a weak track in the bunch. Fun album, typical quality Spoon.
  • Don't You Evah, The Underdog, and My Little Japanese Cigarette Case are owning me at the moment.
    ...so Tuesday I was shopping and I made my usual pass through the music section. Since Spoon was on my mind, I looked for the CD and there she was...one lonely copy of Ga x5 left in a well advertised bin.

Now I know a sign when I see one....I quickly grabbed that one lonely copy left!

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    ...so Tuesday I was shopping and I made my usual pass through the music section. Since Spoon was on my mind, I looked for the CD and there she was...one lonely copy of Ga x5 left in a well advertised bin.

Now I know a sign when I see one....I quickly grabbed that one lonely copy left!

It took me 30 minutes to find the album - they were still on the little CD/DVD cart which was pushed out while I was there. Easily worth the wait though!
    i love "finer feelings"
    Groovy groove, it is...can't quite sit still through that song.

And it's kind of hard not to clap along...especially towards the end!

FaceSpace
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I saw them a few weeks ago and was hoping they played japanes ciggarette case, they didn't but Don't you evah and don't make me a target (coincidently my other 2 favs) were pretty close to brilliant.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    lyrics are kidna gaggagagagagagaga
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Loving the new record. And, I won tickets to see them tonight in a tiny club - probably 200 capacity tops :D Yay!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    so far the last song
    black like me is my fav
    cherry bomb is pretty good too
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Dude, this album is fantastic. Best Spoon album since Girls Can Tell. The whole album is great and about 45 minutes.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I've never listened to Spoon before, but I really enjoy this album. Don't you Evah is a really great song. I'm trying Gimme Fiction next.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Bremerton wrote:
    I've never listened to Spoon before, but I really enjoy this album. Don't you Evah is a really great song. I'm trying Gimme Fiction next.

I'm no expert but although Gimmie fiction was the record that got me into them I'd say go with Girls can tell first
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Is this album drastically different from Gimme Fiction?

I really think I should love this band, but Gimme Fiction (the one Spoon album I own) kinda gets on my nerves. I love "Beast and Dragon Adored," and most of the songs work for me to some extent. But then "The Delicate Place" annoys me to no end, and it's taken quite a few listens to get to the point where I can handle "I Turn My Camera On."

Part of me wants to give them another shot, but there are so many CD's out there I want to buy . . .