Options

Thom Yorke Solo Album

eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Its official Thom Yorke is going solo! Album should be out in july/august and he says its going to be very electronic. Anyone heard any of this stuff at all? Personally i dont kno what to expect but im sure it will be interesting. Opinions/ thoughts on Yorkes solo venture...?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I heard a bit of it earlier tonight...first song was pretty good.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I thought and feared it would be electro blip blips.

Too bad. Maybe the new Radiohead will be better, but I doubt it.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Im seeing radiohead on friday night in philly so ill let you guys kno how the new material sounds....

where did you hear it StoneG82?
  • Options
    Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    New material will be a little more mellow, yes?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Options
    the new thom yorke is still growing on me. didn't really like it that much after the first listen. after a couple more listens, i really like the first 2 tracks. and then the last 3 or 4 tracks are actually pretty strong. yeah, it's just about all electronic. some guitar and piano here and there. if you like electronic music and thom yorke's voice then i'm sure you'll appreciate this. it isn't really mind-blowing but it is pretty solid
  • Options
    ive heard the new stuff reverts back to the rock of the bends and ok computer more than the electronic stuff of late. As far as Yorkes solo i think its the opposite