Harmonica rock?

lestat080lestat080 Posts: 12
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone know real rock music with harmonica in it?
Greetz from Belgium
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    try Dr Feelgood. good raw rock n roll/rhythm and blues from the 70s.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • erm.. pearl jam?:P
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Aerosmith.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Aerosmith.

I know only two from aerosmith,

Crazy, and hangman jury, with a (great) harp in it.

Does Mick Jagger play it too on his solo work?
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    The best example I can think of is Canadian alt-rock band The Watchmen. Lead singer Danny Greaves played some kick-ass harmonica on a number of their songs, specifically on the following tracks:

Run N' Hide
    Sleep
    Soul Stealer
    34 Dead St.
    Calm
    All Uncovered
    The South
    Middle East
    Top of the World
    Come Around

Also check out Blues Traveler.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • "Nobody's Fault but Mine" by Led Zeppelin has a badass harmonica solo. "When the Levee Breaks" has some good stuff in it too.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    blues traveler?
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"