Liam Finn in Toronto

mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else going? May 24th at the El Macambo...not sure if he is supporting or co-headlining with Laura Veirs, but I'll be there. For $10 it would be worth an opening set alone. Liam is so fucking good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FatalFatal Posts: 821
    mjb wrote:
    Anyone else going? May 24th at the El Macambo...not sure if he is supporting or co-headlining with Laura Veirs, but I'll be there. For $10 it would be worth an opening set alone. Liam is so fucking good.

Liam is fantastic...saw him at both Ed Vancouver shows and i'd definitely be up for more.

Hopefully the rumors of an EV East coast tour come true and i can see them again!
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It's kind of funny, I saw him twice at the EV shows ... fantastic ...

Then I went a week ago to see him here at Bottom of the Hill .... both he and EJ were pretty trashed, (EJ, notably so).

Set was good, but kind of sloppy with some long breaks ... enough so that they ended up cutting Lead Balloon, the closer, out of the set.

Oh, and when he asked the crowd if anyone saw him last time he was in SF @ Bottom of the Hill, someone shouted that they saw him with Eddie Vedder in Berkeley and several of us cheered, he was kind of indifferent to that. Thought he'd be a little more open to some of the fans that came from the EV shows.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    jimed14 wrote:
    It's kind of funny, I saw him twice at the EV shows ... fantastic ...

Then I went a week ago to see him here at Bottom of the Hill .... both he and EJ were pretty trashed, (EJ, notably so).

Set was good, but kind of sloppy with some long breaks ... enough so that they ended up cutting Lead Balloon, the closer, out of the set.

Oh, and when he asked the crowd if anyone saw him last time he was in SF @ Bottom of the Hill, someone shouted that they saw him with Eddie Vedder in Berkeley and several of us cheered, he was kind of indifferent to that. Thought he'd be a little more open to some of the fans that came from the EV shows.

Hmmmm - some of the stuff I saw him doing live around the net looked pretty "sloppy" as well...I thought he had really found his groove on those EV shows, I was hoping to see more of that - how long was his set???
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    they were great here in vancouver.....laura veirs however....... :(
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24