Options

temple of the dog

cassiecassie Posts: 18
edited May 2006 in Other Music
hey guys i mite be a total dumbass for not knowing this earlier, but i jsut d/l some stuff from temple and im listing to 'times of trouble' and i thort i had d/l footsteps by pealr jam from their lost dogs album- the riff is exactly the same!!
lol im soo ignorant for not knowing that earlier!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah it's basically the same. Can't remember now which came first but one is just adapted from the other.

You should buy the TOTD album, it's a must have for any music fan.
    Also check out MLB :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    rotten apple by aic isn't too different either
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Times of Trouble came first and yep..its the exact same thing with different lyrics.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Stone wrote the riff after Andy Wood died. The riff was included in that mix of songs sent to Eddie, Eddie wrote the lyrics and returned the tape and the rest, well you know. Stone also gave a copy of the riff to Chris Cornell, who was a friend of Wood and he wrote his lyrics. That's how the music has two different lyrics.

Axl, every account I have ever seen has Eddie's version being written first. It wasn't until after Eddie had already sent the tape back with his lyrics over the music that Cornell wrote his lyrics. If you meant for published or on a studio recording, then TOTD did come first.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    cassie wrote:
    hey guys i mite be a total dumbass for not knowing this earlier, but i jsut d/l some stuff from temple and im listing to 'times of trouble' and i thort i had d/l footsteps by pealr jam from their lost dogs album- the riff is exactly the same!!
    lol im soo ignorant for not knowing that earlier!

I just can't do anything but agree. hahahahahaha

I heard the Times of trouble version first. I like them both.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    I heard Footsteps first and knew most of the lyrics by the first time I heard Times of Trouble. I didn't know that TOTD was playing and I thought Pearl Jam had just come on. That was a weird feeling when I didn't hear Eddie's voice (and heard mine singing the PJ lyrics and not TOTD lyrics).
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I had some trouble getting used to Footsteps for the same reason.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»