Counting Crows Played debut A&EA straight thru

se7v7ense7v7en Posts: 329
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Last night in NJ the Crows open with round here and played the rest of august and everything after straight thru.
Then they played 4 new songs to opent he encore.. and people started leaving, making smart ass comments about about not knowing the songs.

I thought the setlsit was a great idea for a change. I dont understand those people that left, what were they for in the first place?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    se7v7en wrote:
    Last night in NJ the Crows open with round here and played the rest of august and everything after straight thru.
    Then they played 4 new songs to opent he encore.. and people started leaving, making smart ass comments about about not knowing the songs.

I thought the setlsit was a great idea for a change. I dont understand those people that left, what were they for in the first place?

Really?....where was that show? August & Everything After is one of my top 10 favorite albums, just a classic.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    that is cool. I saw the counting crows back on the recovering the satelites tour and the songs on August and everything after sound spectacular. Great disc! Did they rearrange the music for a bunch of songs or play it like the album?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    They rearrange it and it sounds like garbage. JMO Change a few things here and there, thats one thing, but change up everything? people left because they lost the audience with all the changes. Casual fans of the band were surely disappointed. It's like they want to be a jam band and it comes off bad.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    chimpat wrote:
    Really?....where was that show? August & Everything After is one of my top 10 favorite albums, just a classic.
    me too. i love that album...listened to in some of my darkest moments, though. lol.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    They rearrange it and it sounds like garbage. JMO Change a few things here and there, thats one thing, but change up everything? people left because they lost the audience with all the changes. Casual fans of the band were surely disappointed. It's like they want to be a jam band and it comes off bad.
    Dylan does the same thing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Dylan does the same thing.

That's cause Dylan lost his voice and they have to play everything like 4 steps down.