Cross Canadian Ragweed

COJammerCOJammer Posts: 19
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Saw them last night in a little tiny place here in Colorado Springs called the Black Sheep.

Good show; $15 tickets and they played for almost 2.5 hours. Wish I knew more of their songs. Think I'll probably try to get into them a little more.

Affectionately referred to as "Red Dirt" country. The group has some ties to Jason Isbell and the Drive By Truckers, which I've seen talked about on here before.

Just seeing if anyone else has any love for these guys or can recommend a good album to start with if I'm just getting into them.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    COJammer wrote:
    Saw them last night in a little tiny place here in Colorado Springs called the Black Sheep.

Good show; $15 tickets and they played for almost 2.5 hours. Wish I knew more of their songs. Think I'll probably try to get into them a little more.

Affectionately referred to as "Red Dirt" country. The group has some ties to Jason Isbell and the Drive By Truckers, which I've seen talked about on here before.

Just seeing if anyone else has any love for these guys or can recommend a good album to start with if I'm just getting into them.

Thanks!
    Saw these guys last year at a festival in Ft Worth opening for Black Crowes. (Sadly we couldn't stay for the Crowes as my friend had another radio station gig at 400 am we had to go to.
    I was in the backstage area and so I didn't get to see CCR from the front of the stage, but the sound was just as good back stage and got to meet Cody Canada (Lead singer) and I think Austin?? Pretty good band. I was impressed. I knew nothing about them. Only song I knew was "Dimebag" which I think they played, well I'm pretty sure they did considering they were playing in Dimebag Darrell's hometown of Ft Worth. I was pretty drunk too though, cause the station gave us a bunch of free beer. Saw Gary Allen and Stoney Larue, and Wade Bowen at the concert too. The black crowes parked right next to us, but then moved the bus further back towards the stage, and didn't come out until they had to. Would have been cool to meet Chris and Rich as I just recently started getting into these guys too.

For CCR try the "Garage" Album. Since it had "Dimebag" on it, that's the one I listened to on rhapsody and I really liked it. I need to listen to some more of the other albums when I get a chance.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm gonna bump this thread for the op. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • frusciante89frusciante89 Posts: 125
    i think there a below average band on record but in a live setting they are a fun as hell. lots a beer and hot cowgirls
  • mjohnson68mjohnson68 Posts: 57
    Going to see them in Louisville next Tuesday.... I cannot wait! I've just gotten into them in the last year, but I now have all of their CD's and a couple of bootlegs.... I'm a big DBT fan as well.... I'm really digging this Alt-Country stuff right now...