Options

sunday at devil dirt

prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
edited June 2008 in Other Music
has anyone heard the new lanegan/campbell album, i am really into it at the moment really like the raven and trouble
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    no not yet i'll probably get it in the next 2 weeks
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Backburner is my favourite, I think. This album is definitely a lot more Lanegan than Ballad was, and for the better, I think.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Trouble is probably my fav. A great, very relaxing album. HUGE Lanegan fan here by the way. Saw the Gutter Twins in DC back in March and they kicked major ass. The 30 seconds he did of Shadow of the Season alone was worth the price of admission.....
  • Options
    yeah, its like she wrote the album for lanegan to sing.

my current fave is who built the road, i think its an excellent album and will be intruiged to see it performed live next week :)
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    i think its a better album than ballad of the broken seas, hope they come back and do more dates in the uk i can't make next week
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I haven't received mine yet but from what I have heard most people like it more than Ballad. Good to hear it sounds a little more like Lanegan. I liked Ballad but it seemed a little akward to me. Maybe just b/c its different than what we normally hear from him. But, I love his voice so I don't care if he's singing Mary Had A Little Lamb. I'm still going to listen and enjoy it.
  • Options
    nothingheadnothinghead Posts: 270
    A very cool album. Highly recommended, more so than Ballad of The Broken Sea.

Come On Over is my favorite song off of it at the moment.
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I've had two listens so far and have been a lil disappointed, whereas with Ballad I enjoyed it immediatly only later coming to recognize its flaws. Perhaps this is just gonna be a grower on me, my favourite Lanegan albums have been.
  • Options
    dustdust Posts: 133
    fantastic album and only 5 days till London.........:D
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Took to it more than BOTBS, on first impression, BOTBS did grow on me though, but I feel this one sounds like others have said a lot more suited to Lanegans own style and as a result feels more comfortable from the get go.:)

Awesome record, you know its a good year for music if you have two solid releases featuring Lanegans beautiful vocals.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    True! I really hope he starts work on a new solo album too after the Saturnalia tour. Unfortunately it appears the same cannot be said for Mr. Cornell after a very small impression of his new album.

"Haven't slept a day in years." I love it
  • Options
    dustdust Posts: 133
    A new solo album would be lovely and please don't mention Mr Cornell, I heard approximately 12 seconds of a song and I'm still having nightmares