Options

Eels

prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
edited August 2006 in Other Music
anyone else on the board a big fan of the eels, blinking lights was album of 2005
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tonestones Posts: 104
    Yeah I love em! First song I heard was Trouble with Dreams on a local University station.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I love Daisies of the galaxy! Also Beautiful Freak and Souljacker are very good but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to the eels.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Blinking Lights is fantastic but Electro-Shock Blues is the stone cold masterpiece. Easily one of the best albums of the late 90's. E deserves much respect for being so talented.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    Zoso wrote:
    I love Daisies of the galaxy! Also Beautiful Freak and Souljacker are very good but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to the eels.

agree with you 100% but when you are in that mood there is no one better than E
  • Options
    I dig.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I don't think Shootenanny is that great. Very good band, great live, but I prefer the earlier stuff. Electro Shock Blues is by far the best album.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    Saw Eels @ werchter in June
    kind of dissappointed though, or maybe I just had too high expectations
    but they do sound great on cd :)
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    My favourite Eels album is Daisies of the Galaxy but loved Blinking Lights too. The 'Eels With Strings' live shows last year were the best live shows I'd seen for a while but I'm not so keen on the bootlegs that I've heard of the 'No Strings Attached' festival show. They do prove how versatile E is though :).
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E