Dinosaur Jr.

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Which cd is best to start out with..... i only heard a few songs.. but "start choppin" is one amazing song and their live version of "just like heaven" is better than the original.

Help me out on which album to start out with.

Thanks
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    You're Living All Over Me
    Bug

I'm also a big fan of the Where You Been album.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    personally I really dig Green Mind I think it's a steller record
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    The last album Beyond is great too.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Keller wrote:
    Which cd is best to start out with..... i only heard a few songs.. but "start choppin" is one amazing song and their live version of "just like heaven" is better than the original.

Help me out on which album to start out with.

Thanks
    Knowing that you alreayd like start choppin go ahead and get:
    Where Ya Been

you will love it. It is one of there top albums and Mascis shreds the album up.

After that Check out-
    you're living all over me

then you can get into green mind and bug

Before it is all said and done make sure to check out the song Alone on the album hand it over. The album is a bit of a disapointment by other dinosaur jr standards but ultimately Alone is one of my favorite dinosaur songs.

Oh and the most recent album Beyond is very solid don't leave that one out.

Go ahead and pick up where ya been though that is the best place to start in my opinion.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    There's a compilation called "Ear Bleeding Country" that encompasses the so-called "best-of" the band. That's good to start with. Their best albums though are You're Living All Over Me, Green Mind, Where You Been, and the highly underrated Without a Sound, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. You might dig the raw sound of the self-titled debut as well.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08