Roger Waters Concert

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Wow! thats all i can say after seeing him do dark side of the moon on saturday. Most amazing show i have been to. The visuals are just the most insane trippy shit i ever saw. If you get a chance to see him DO IT.

Here is the set list:

FIRST HALF: In The Flesh, Mother, Set The Controls For the Heart Of The Sun, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have A Cigar, Wish You Were Here, Southampton Dock, The Fletcher Memorial Home, Perfect Sense parts 1 and 2, Leaving Beirut, Sheep.

SECOND HALF: Complete Dark Side of the Moon without any breaks.

ENCORE: The Happiest Days Of Our Lives, Another Brick In The Wall (Pt 2), Vera, Bring the Boys back Home, Comfortably Numb.
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Killer show. I had a blast
  • How is the guitarist with Gilmour's solos?
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Tomorrow in Torana! Yeeeeah.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Enigma wrote:
    How is the guitarist with Gilmour's solos?

Solos sounded great but i never saw gilmour live so i can't compare. Plus i was in a very altered state for the concert.
  • I don't know anything about the new set of guitarists, but contrary with his last tour, Andy Fairweather-Low and Snowy White are still there. Too bad Doyle Bramhall II is not there.. But the one I really want to see is Snowy. If any of you have heard bootlegs from the '77 tour, he's amazing and a really tight guitarist. To anwser the last question, I doubt this last one will sing, but I would prefer him to any of the others to play the lead guitar.

I'll be at the show this week in Montréal. Can't wait!
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I saw Roger Waters last week in NY at Madison Garden and it was really good. He had 2 other "lead" Gutarist that handled the Gilmore solos and they were good.

I've got a question: After they played LEAVING BERIUT,what was the fan reaction?
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    cutz wrote:
    I've got a question: After they played LEAVING BERIUT,what was the fan reaction?

It was mostly half and half for alot of people it was a bathroom break. I didnt care for it that much.
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i am so envious. i wasn't able to afford the tickets when they went on sale so i missed waters' toronto show. i really hope i'll be ready the next time he comes around.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Anybody who is waiting to see this tour. MAKE SURE YOU DO MUSHROOMS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. You have been advised! :)

I have to say. There are bands that tour and then there is Mr. Waters. I could have walked out after set 1 and been satisfied with the selection of music I got to hear. Then to have all of Dark Side played with a couple of closers after that was just icing on the cake.

Stand out tunes. Set The Controls....., the new one about Lebanon, Have a Cigar and Wish You Were Here. No matter what I do, WYWH always makes me break down. Not as bad last night.

The way the show starts and the interaction with the big screen is stupendous. Brilliant!

EDIT: here is a link to a review of the show......http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/09/21/1872876.html
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • you guys are so kind to Mr Waters... For myself I found it was mediocre at best. The thing that killed it for me was the lip synching by Roger, sorry I just cant get past it.

The band was good at imitating Pink Floyd records, too good, actually.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Saw Roger Waters at Post Gazette Pavillion (Star Lake) this past Sunday. Now I can say I've seen all of Pink Floyd live, (Roger this year, Pink Floyd in 1994 on the Division Bell tour)just at separate shows. Whay can't they get together for one more tour?

Got 2 $95 pavillion tickets for $110 in the lot going in. Also, I saw a car with a Bush/Cheney sticker in the wndow and said to my wife "They're at the wrong show." I didn't realize until later how right I was.

Anyways, it was a phenomenal show. Great surround sound effects and visuals. My wife & I were in such a state that when we were waiting for the show to start we thought a couple things on the screen were actually there as stage props.

Had some cool people on one side of us, but on the other we don't know why some were even there. My wife said that a couple people right next to her did not seem to be enjoying the show one bit (even before the politcal stuff). I agreed with the political views of the show, but did hear a bunch of people booing the pig. Afterwards, in the parking lot, we talked with some rednecks about the show and they kept going on about how Roger's opinions don't matter because he is not American. This is just BS on so many levels. First, I guess some Americans hate reality checks on how the rest of the world views our country. Also, if an American was saying the same thing, I'm sure they would've just said something to the effect of "If you don't like it get out," which is what these people should've done at the show. My wife said to them "It's a problem in America that people deem others' opinions insignificant because they live outside of this country," to which they had no response.
  • Wish you Were Here makes me cry every time I hear it, I would pay the price of the ticket just to hear that song.

How long of a show was it?