Bob Seger

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Where the hell is this man? Such great music. Seems like he fell of the face of the earth. Does anyone know what he is up to and if he ever plans to tour again?
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Keller wrote:
    Where the hell is this man? Such great music. Seems like he fell of the face of the earth. Does anyone know what he is up to and if he ever plans to tour again?

I played some Segar on a jukebox at a bar last week, then also heard it lastnight at a different bar. I agree with you, he has some great songs, but nothing it played anymore. Good song writer.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    when he got into the rock and roll hall of fame, he played his music at the ceremony for the first time in years.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Even Now from The Distance album is fantastic, Always gets me punching the air and driving too fast.

Russ Kunkel, Waddy Wachtel, Alto Reed some of the best Rock and roll names ever!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Sold his soul to Chevy could be one explanation for his disappearence......bad hit singles from movie soundtracks could be another.

I loved hearing Bob back in the day........................lots of high school memories associated with his tunes.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I actually heard he's working on a new album right now.

I'm not that big of a fan though...
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Keller wrote:

I know that he has a new album out in Sept and and song on there with Kid Rock. I think it comes out Sept. 12th if I remember right.

I think he just came on Stage with Kid Rock @ The Joe back at the beginning of this year.

I live an hr North of Detroit so I hear stuff on them from the WRIF....I'm not a Kid Rock fan :)
  • doogdoog Posts: 59
    Keller wrote:

I heard that Bob Seger will be in studio to talk about his new cd and play some of his new songs on the morning show on Detroit's WCSX.

I'm pretty sure they said he would be in studio on Wednesday, July 5, but i'm not positive that i heard the entire promo correctly. If you miss it, perhaps WCSX will post the interview on their website.

http://www.wcsx.com/
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    They also stream live. Also heard he will be doing a tour in the fall, very hopeful of that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • doogdoog Posts: 59
    Bump...

The interview from Wednesday morning is now on the site of WCSX, if anyone is interested.

http://wcsx.com/
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Didn't I hear him with 3 Doors Down on that tune Landing in London? That song was out a few months ago.

I think he was on The Bob and Tom Show this morning as well.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • New album out in september...heard the new single today vintage Seger.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Just heard Seger interviewed on local L.A. station. He is going to tour again but I did not get exactly when that starts. He is 61 and has to get OK'd by the dr. first!!! Voice sounds pretty good
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    He's got a full page ad in the newest Rolling Stone for his new album. I like me some Seger too. One of my more favorite "classic rockers".
  • His new album is out now and he's hitting the road. I felt bad that everytime I heard "Like a rock" that I imagined the truck commercials. If you can forget the commercials.....it's actually a good song.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Any word on dates and citys yet?
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"