Tickets

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I'm in dire need of tickets for 2 concerts.

1.Tom Petty in camden

2.Roger Waters in camden (really would like seats not lawn for this one)

I refuse to pay these crazy prices brokers are asking.

Does anyone know of any better options or know of anyone who has extras?
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hello,

Try posting about it here, you never know your luck :)
  • One thing that almost always works, though it is a little risky...

Wait until the day of the show and then just keep checking ticketmaster (or whatever outlet the venues use).
    9 times out of 10, very good tickets show up on ticketmaster the day of the show. Usually these seats are production kills where they thought the view might be obstructed but once the stage is set-up, they realize they are not or left-over tickets from the band's guest-list, etc...

Anyways, as I said this usually works really well and I've gotten amazing seats to "sold-out" shows this way, but occasionally it doesn't work.

Another risky option. Wait until very close to the show start time, then talk to scalpers outside the venue. The closer it is to showtime, the more desperate they are to unload what they have left for whatever they can get.
  • One thing that almost always works, though it is a little risky...
    Wait until the day of the show and then just keep checking ticketmaster (or whatever outlet the venues use).
    9 times out of 10, very good tickets show up on ticketmaster the day of the show. Usually these seats are production kills where they thought the view might be obstructed but once the stage is set-up, they realize they are not or left-over tickets from the band's guest-list, etc...
    Anyways, as I said this usually works really well and I've gotten amazing seats to "sold-out" shows this way, but occasionally it doesn't work.
    Another risky option. Wait until very close to the show start time, then talk to scalpers outside the venue. The closer it is to showtime, the more desperate they are to unload what they have left for whatever they can get.

This person is absolutely right!
    Hell, they released killer setas for both PJ shows at the Tweeter those mornings...ya just gotta be vigilant and you'll be fine.
    Roger Waters will be tough though....scalpers are all over that one.
    Petty should be much easier....