The Cult

edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone seen them on tour recently? Going to Pompano Beach show in November wondering what to expect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I seen Ian Astbury sing with the doors.

umm well the Doors were amazing anyways..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I saw them open for Metallica on the And Justice For All tour.

What is this, "Make me feel old" day? Jeez... ;)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
    BrainOfJD wrote:

I feel your pain.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Heres a setlist of a show thats on Dime, looks to be mainly hits, kinda what they have been playing for a long time now but its a good show.

The Cult
    Leffingeleurenfestival
    Leffinge, Belgium
    15-09-2006

1: Intro
    2: Lil devil
    3: Sweet soul Sister
    4: The Witch
    5: Spiritwalker
    6: Revolution
    7: Rain
    8: Wonderland
    9: Edie-Firewoman
    10: Peace Dog
    11: Rise
    12: Wild Flower
    13: Love Removal Machine
    14: She sells sanctuary
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    my buddy is a huge fan and asked me to go to a couple shows and i did. They sounded really good. Tempesta sounds awesome on the drums and Ian and Billy were in good form. You should get your money's worth.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    BrainOfJD wrote:

I did too. It's official..I am old.
  • saw them here in arizona a few months ago and was very impressed. duffy sounds great, tempesta is solid on drums, and ian's voice sounded really good. i was told to not expect much from ian, but was very pleasantly surprised. setlist was heavy on hits, with a couple rarities, but overall, i'd say don't miss the show.

put it this way. i won't ever miss them again if they play in 'zona. they were great...
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    LONG time since I saw them, early '90s... very good though, strobe lighting was made for The Cult..... :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    edgarcamp wrote:
    I feel your pain.
    bobasfeet wrote:
    I did too. It's official..I am old.

Glad I'm not the only one around here. Now where'd I put my cane...
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Glad I'm not the only one around here. Now where'd I put my cane...

That's not funny, I had to use a cane for two months this summer! Broke my foot while walking to the bathroom(my leg was asleep, stepped on it funny). Got up, went into the bathroom and fell in the shower. Funny huh! Well, as I lay in the shower half asleep(4:30am) with a broken foot, I PISSED MYSELF! I'm 36, I am already braking bones and pissing myself.

Thanks everyone for the info.
    edgarcamp wrote:
    That's not funny, I had to use a cane for two months this summer! Broke my foot while walking to the bathroom(my leg was asleep, stepped on it funny). Got up, went into the bathroom and fell in the shower. Funny huh! Well, as I lay in the shower half asleep(4:30am) with a broken foot, I PISSED MYSELF! I'm 36, I am already braking bones and pissing myself.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. OK, I admit I did laugh a little at your story ;) but it's only because I'll be there soon enough.

I sat at dinner with some of my friends the other night and we were all talking about our various health problems and then we realized what we were doing - comparing health and doctor stories like a bunch of old f*cks.
    Yep!
    I was hoping you would get a kick out of that! I still laugh when I think about it.
  • I haven't seen them since 1992.
    Well look at it this way, my friends. If we're old, imagine how old Ian Astbury and the Cult must be. They've probably got Depends on under their leather pants :)
  • BrainOfJD wrote:

that was a fucking great tour
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • I am gonna go check out the show in Atlanta next week. I am looking forward to it!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
    Hey Cookie, let me know how the show is.
  • Does anyone know if they have an opening band and who they are?
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.