The Killers?

edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
edited March 2007 in Other Music
We are taking my wife's little sister to her first rock concert, The Killers. I don't know much about them, what can we expect? Until this week I didn't even know what songs they performed! Thanks for any input.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    As far as over-processed pop-rock goes, they aren't bad. They have some catchy tunes. I saw them at a festival and I enjoyed them well enough.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:
    As far as over-processed pop-rock goes, they aren't bad. They have some catchy tunes. I saw them at a festival and I enjoyed them well enough.

i knew deep down you were one of us ;)
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Saw them a few weeks ago, they were ok. Guitarist is a bit of a dick but the singer puts on a good show. I only knew the single's too.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Saw them on Austin City Limits.........didnt sound too good and were rather boring, sorry
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • The Killers are one of my favorite groups (aside from PJ)
    Their song "Mr. Brightside" is really good :)
  • They're kind of poppy and the singer isn't all that great... though he is unique I guess. I personally don't like them at all, but then again, I've only heard the radio singles (of which there are plenty of to form my opinion of them).
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Saw them in concert and they were VERY average. That was after their first CD.

Catchy tunes that I don't mind listening to on CD, but would never go back to see them.

The lead singer is a prick. I recall hearing that he stated their new album was the best one of the past decade. Give me a break. Not to mention, he said they wanted to be bigger than U2. Way to strive!
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    umm there ok. I liked their first album better then the new one tho.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    i knew deep down you were one of us ;)

Never said I wasn't buddy, I'm a sucker for a good pop song.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • the studio albums are decent i really like every song on the new one except there is one that starts off with a gay synth sound i'm not too fond of but once it gets past the synth beginning it's pretty good. saw them live and the sound wasn't so great but that was a couple years ago they may have better gear now after making some cash.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • the studio albums are decent i really like every song on the new one except there is one that starts off with a gay synth sound i'm not too fond of but once it gets past the synth beginning it's pretty good. saw them live and the sound wasn't so great but that was a couple years ago they may have better gear now after making some cash.

that sounds good. i've been wondering. i like all their radio singles. and "somebody told me" is one of the best songs of the last few years.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I recall hearing that he stated their new album was the best one of the past decade. Give me a break. Not to mention, he said they wanted to be bigger than U2. Way to strive!
    actually it is one of the best cds in the 10 years, music has sucked ass in the last 10 years. its nice to see a band that isnt the same pop-punk/emo, nu-metal shit like everyone else is
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    good average band, i liked their first album, the second one is more mature but it haven´t grabbed to my ears...

smile like you meant it´s a fuckin´ catchy tune...
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    I watched their video a few days ago and listened to their single which I can't recall (the video they were in Japan). The song (single) stinks so much and I only like the catchy "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier"!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    I'm pretty surprised at the comments....

The Killers 2nd album is better than their first, and the first was quite good. I've seen them live before and they put on a short, but also pretty darn good show.

I think their are too many people that start to hate bands if too many other people like them. It's cool to liek a band that sucks so bad that no one ever heard of them though. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness