Options

CHILI"S on SNL tonite

JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
edited May 2006 in Other Music
If you can, if a fan, check out the Chili's tonight. Tom Hanks hosts. May be decent show?? P Jam week in Toronto starts next week!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    the SNL version of 'under the bridge' is a great one...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    I've been so wrapped up in PJ..that I totally forgot about the Peppers and Tool.
    Heard Tool's new record is great.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    brhf9 wrote:
    the SNL version of 'under the bridge' is a great one...

The one where John Frusciante wrecked the song on purpose...not so great I think.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    culot4 wrote:
    The one where John Frusciante wrecked the song on purpose...not so great I think.

you mean the 'under the bridge downtown' part where he starts to scream?

i'm ok with that.

and he does a good job with the intro and the outro of the song too...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    JOHNNY VS. wrote:
    If you can, if a fan, check out the Chili's tonight. Tom Hanks hosts. May be decent show?? P Jam week in Toronto starts next week!!
    wow,thanks man.i didn't even know they were gonna be on.it's awesome that pj put an album out,did snl,and irving plaza..and now the peppers are doing all those things too.great time in music!!
  • Options
    brainofPjBbrainofPjB Posts: 57
    Good call. Amidst all the Pearl Jam, i completely forgot about this evening. I really hope Tom Hanks brings something good to SNL tonight. I'm sure the Chili Peppers will be on point though too.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Just saw the repeat and can't say I thought it was any good. I used to LOVE the peppers but last time I saw them live they were lame. Tonight Anthony reminded me of an older Glenn Danzig. Nothing against Glenn but the Chili Peppers just aren't it anymore at all. My opinion....bash at will...
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
    What was wrong with their performance? Sure it's no Pearl Jam but I didn't really see anything negative they rocked out hard. They seemed really into it IMO.
  • Options
    JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
    Apparently The Chili's aren't everyones's cup of tea anymore. Personally I love BY THE WAY and I'm hearing good things about the new one. Like the single!
  • Options
    What was wrong with their performance? Sure it's no Pearl Jam but I didn't really see anything negative they rocked out hard. They seemed really into it IMO.

well, basically they have 28 new songs (some of which are quite good), and chose to play a song that's 15 years old that everyone has seen them perform dozens of times. they rocked out and it was a good version of the song.....but still, wtf?

as for the new album.....it's too long. the ballads sort of start blending together. some good funk tracks though. i would highly recommend burning your own cd that takes the best from both albums