Wolfmother?

Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
edited July 2006 in Other Music
What do you guys think of Wolfmother? im seeing them at Endfest Aug. 12th and im really excited, i love their sound, its so classic, but fresh at the same time. i want to know your guys' opinion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Alone. wrote:
    What do you guys think of Wolfmother? im seeing them at Endfest Aug. 12th and im really excited, i love their sound, its so classic, but fresh at the same time. i want to know your guys' opinion.

I saw them in Minneapolis back in May, front row in a small club. It was insane. I had a brief conversation with the bassist in between songs and got his pick at the end of the concert.
    They have an INSANE amount of energy live. They were jumping off stuff and spinning around in circles all over the place. By the end of the concert the electric piano/organ thing was on top of the drum kit. Great fuckin show.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
    whoa, thats so intense. im seeing them at a huge venue, the White River Ampitheater, id love to see them in a small club like that. i bought their album at Best Buy for 8 bucks, and im already ready for a 2nd album, hahaha.
  • circles downcircles down Posts: 182
    I just got their album today, it is AWESOME. Looking forward to cranking it on the way home.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Wolfmother Rocks!!!
  • They have some really great stuff, I like what I'm hearing. Some people say they're not original, but I think they just have good influences. I love their sound and look forward to more music from them.
  • Yeah i've been listening to their new Album on Napster, and i got to say i am actually pleasently surprised. I love their song "Woman"

I can't wait for them to come around in Ottawa to see them live
    Keep on Rockin'
  • leedog0leedog0 Posts: 152
    I will be seeing them at Lollapalooza with all access passes. I can't wait
    I've never had passes for anything
    8/26/98 - 9/2/00 - 4/28/03 - 7/5/03 - 7/6/03 - 10/3/05 - 5/22/06 - 5/27/06 - 5/28/06 - 6/1/06 - 6/3/06 - 6/24/06 - 7/7/06 - 7/9/06 - 7/10/06 - 8/5/07 - 6/19/08 - 6/20/08 - 6/22/08 - 6/24/08 - 6/25/08 - 8/21/09 - 8/23/09 - 8/24/09 - 10/27/09 - 10/28/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 5/6/10 - 5/7/10 - 5/9/10 - 5/20/10 - 5/21/10 - 9/3/11 - 9/4/11 - 9/2/12 - 7/19/13 - 10/11/13 - 10/18/13 - 10/19/13 - 10/21/13 - 10/22/13 - 4/28/16 - 4/29/16 - 8/20/18 - 4/7/18
    Ed Ved Solo:
    4-10-08 / 4-12-08 / 4-13-08 / 8-16-08 / 6-11-09 / 6-12-09 / 6-14-09 / 6-25-11
    It Makes Much More Sense.........To Live in the Present Tense.
  • zman73zman73 Posts: 1
    Yeah i've been listening to their new Album on Napster, and i got to say i am actually pleasently surprised. I love their song "Woman"

I can't wait for them to come around in Ottawa to see them live

I think they sound like a bad Zeppelin cover band on that song. That's the only one I've heard, so I don't know what their other songs are like.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." -Homer Simpson
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    zman73 wrote:
    I think they sound like a bad Zeppelin cover band on that song. That's the only one I've heard, so I don't know what their other songs are like.

Never judge a group by its single. The whole album is great. They aren't the next pj or anything, but they certainly rock and are a welcome breath of fresh air from all the limp wristed emo crap floating around (death cab for cutie, I'm looking in your direction).

Check out Dimension, Mind's Eye, Joker anf the Thief, Love Train and Vagabond. All great rock and roll...and only three people!!!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • zman73 wrote:

They are Zeppelin-ish on most of their songs, however one song, can't remember the name, has a flute, ala Jethro Tull. I heard that and thought "o k a y the flute is making a comeback as a rocking instrument" . :cool:

I happen to enjoy Wolfmother, especially "Woman"....love the energy and the lyrics ...you know, as a woman. ;)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,216
    yeah good stuff i like the songs i downloaded are they playing anywheres around ny area ? or am i too late.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    i think they are the most unoriginal band

everyones saying they sound like led zep or ozzy..they do cuz thats what they're going for

just what i think though
    i want to be enlightened

like i want to be told the end
  • ms11781ms11781 Posts: 88
    According to their website they opening the following dates for Pearl Jam:

8/29 Arnhem, Netherlands
    8/30 Antwerp, Belgium
    9/1 Barcelona, Spain

I'd like to see those shows if it's true.
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    i've been listening to them for a couple of weeks now, really dig em. Woman...definitely sounds Led Zep in the vocals, but that beat is tough to knock.

i don't think they are incredibly original, but i don't really need that. as long as they rock, and put on a good show, i'm down for it.
  • HailRoad24HailRoad24 Posts: 133
    Agree with most of the folks here. They are a blatant ripoff of Sabbath and Zeppelin, but, for some reason, it doesn't bother me. They do it pretty well, and I can't help but laugh listening to the album sometimes....
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • shaunmcmshaunmcm Posts: 20
    ihavadog wrote:
    i think they are the most unoriginal band

everyones saying they sound like led zep or ozzy..they do cuz thats what they're going for

just what i think though
    i havent heard the whole album yet but am very interested in picking it up. as for sounding like someone else, yes the single sounds familiar but its still pretty cool. musical styles come around and revisit us once in a while. i dont think thats a problem at all. if zep or sabbath were still 20-something then it might be annoying but they are long gone so i welcome the new blood.
  • dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    Awsome band, love them!!! Got tickets to see them this friday :)
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    They're awesome! Gotta try to get tix to the Virgin Festival in Baltimore. Wolfmother is playing but so are the WHO and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Good times.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The whole album front to back is what you need to listen to. it kicks so much ass. i really enjoy The Joker & the Theif, and Mind's Eye. They also use an organ in some songs instead of a bass. oh man, its so amazing. i really hope this stuff takes over emo, im so sick of bands like Underoath, and Fall Out Boy.........gaahhh.
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    it is really interesting to read about you guys getting all excited about these guys, when I am now over them :( but I had the priviledge of seeing them heaps in australia before hand...
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
    adam42381 wrote:
    They're awesome! Gotta try to get tix to the Virgin Festival in Baltimore. Wolfmother is playing but so are the WHO and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Good times.

yeah, the Chili Peppers are playing at the concert im going to as well.

im so pumped.