LayneVedderLayneVedder Posts: 7
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone here like Down?
Phil Anselmo
Pepper Keenan
Rex Brown
Jimmy Bower
Kirk Windstein

Wat a band, saw em in dublin over the summer, its like really bluesy sabbathy sludgy metal,but very melodic at the same time
Dublin, Ireland 17/8/06
Katowice, Poland 13/6/07
Nova Rock,Austria 16/6/07
Nijmegen, Holland 28/6/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can't wait for the Album, they are a great collaboration. I hope to get the chance to see them live in the future.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • They are an awesome band but phil anselmo is a huge peice of shit.
  • DOWN fucking rocks! I am going to see them March 14 at the 'Dome in Calgary when they open for Heaven and Hell (Iommi, Butler, Dio)... It's gonna be a rockin' show. I can't wait to see Down. One of my favourites for sure.
    9/4/05 Calgary
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    down is fucking awesome. I'm gonna go up to toronto to see the heaven and hell show. Down, Sabbath w/dio, and megadeth. How fucking sweet of a show is that
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    down is a great band, and Anselmo has one of the best voices on metal ever... any doubt listen any Pantera record...
  • Yea he pulls it off live too,even though es so hammered! I met them all in dublin, rex is really nice fella well they all are really, down threee should be unreal, dvd comin too
    Dublin, Ireland 17/8/06
    Katowice, Poland 13/6/07
    Nova Rock,Austria 16/6/07
    Nijmegen, Holland 28/6/07
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i saw 'em at the Troc in Philly back right when Down II just came out.. second show of that tour.. something like 13th show ever!

fantastic band.