Julian Lennon sells stake in Beatles songs

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited April 2007 in Other Music
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070413/media_nm/beatles_lennon_dc_3

I'm not sure how i feel about this.........:o

NEW YORK (Reuters) -
Julian Lennon, the 44-year-old elder son of John Lennon, has sold a financial stake in his late father's compositions for the Beatles to Primary Wave Music Publishing, a year-old New York City concern, The Wall Street Journal reported.
ADVERTISEMENT

The deal is to be announced on Friday, the Journal said.

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed, the Journal said. But it quoted the parties as saying in a statement that the share of the catalog was "significant."

The deal relates to the songwriting income generated by the compositions, as opposed to the publishing rights. The rights to most of the compositions John Lennon wrote with
Paul McCartney are owned by Sony/ATV Music Publishing.

Primary Wave last year paid an estimated $50 million for a 50 percent stake in the music-publishing catalog of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, which it bought from his widow,
Courtney Love.

Reuters
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I had no idea he owned anything related to Beatles songs........
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    I had no idea he owned anything related to Beatles songs........

and now he doesn't so I guess the two of us are back where we started
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • cutback wrote:
    Terms of the deal weren't disclosed, the Journal said. But it quoted the parties as saying in a statement that the share of the catalog was "significant."

I found out the terms of this deal, every week on monday around noon for the next 15 years 5 dump trucks full of money will dump their loads at his door step for the rights to his father's beatles songs.