Options

Please dont open with Release tonite!!!

CorduroyGCorduroyG Posts: 23
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I was shocked they didnt open with Release at the garden in '03, especially the 2nd nite. They didnt open with it at any of the Jones Beach shows in '00. Then in '06 they opened with Release in DC, which was the nite before the 2 Jersey shows, so we didnt get Release in Jersey either! '96 we didnt get it at randalls island, and on and on!

I just did a quick check of the setlist archive, it looks like the nyc area has only gotten Release as an opener 2 times, 11-16-91 at Roseland and of course 9-11-98 at the garden. Thats outrageous! They havent opened with it yet this tour, so as long as they dont open with it tonite we got a good shot this time.

That song is magic, the garden deserves it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436
    I hear ya, dude...

I'm already getting my DC voodoo doll out and sticking pins in it to keep them from opening with Release down there.

I've gotten Release ONCE in 23 shows and I'm starting to get pretty ticked off about it!

They must bring Release to MSG!!!!!!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    you just said yourself that the last time they played in DC, they opened with Release. why would they do that again...?

I'm hoping for Wash tonight anyway...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I kinda don't want release @ the garden, i'd rather have Wash or something I havn't heard...

but I do love release so I'd be happy either way... just sayin'
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I'd love to hear it, but would kind of rather hear something else. They opened with Release in DC in 2006, so I've heard it recently.

Would love Long Road or Of The Girl. Wash would be ok--but they opened Camden II with it in 2006 so I've got that one recently as well.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    DIDNT YOU SEE THE ROO SETLIST?

If they want, they can play release not as the opener on this tour.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    CorduroyGCorduroyG Posts: 23
    On2Legs wrote:
    I hear ya, dude...

I'm already getting my DC voodoo doll out and sticking pins in it to keep them from opening with Release down there.

I've gotten Release ONCE in 23 shows and I'm starting to get pretty ticked off about it!

They must bring Release to MSG!!!!!!!!

haha Amen! Ive gotten it once in 15 shows, and I had to go to Boston to get it
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    DIDNT YOU SEE THE ROO SETLIST?

If they want, they can play release not as the opener on this tour.

yeah but that was dedicated to someone who lost their father I believe.
  • Options
    yeah but that was dedicated to someone who lost their father I believe.

doesn't mean they can't do it again
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    RELEASE is my second favorite song EVER!!!!!!!;)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    i'm going with Wash tonight....

"Oh please let it rain today. This city's so filthy." If Eddie can get a "this city's so filthy" in, I'm sure he will.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I've seen great openers, but Release is the best.