AIC new material.........

FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
edited May 2007 in Other Music
perusing the AIC site and noticed an update. Roman Candle Baseball and.........

http://www.aliceinchains.com/baldy.aspx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Sweet Jesus no....

Can't they at least rename the band??
  • Alice In Chains was my favorite band growing up for sure. I'm not to excited about this stuff now, but I'd still believe that Jerry and the boys are treated this as a tribute to Layne. Got to give them credit for that.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    This is a hard call. Aic is my all time fav band, Layne is my fav singer. Making a new cd without him I dunno. I say Jerry should just keep making solo cds. Boggy Depot and Degradation trip are classics.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i'll buy it. i'll love it..
    ...but it will NEVER..EVER..be what it was with layne..ever
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    I'm listening to the Rock AM Ring in Germany gig as i write this. William Duvall is a fantastic singer, and he really pulls off the old stuff brilliantly well. AIC will never be AIC without Layne, but on the other hand Jerry wrote most of the songs so I think continuing with a new singer is fine, so long as they change the name. Really looking forward to hearing some new stuff.

Does anyone know if they played Get Born Again on the recent tour? Song from the sessions in '98, one of their best and really makes you wonder what the album would've been like if they'd been able to keep Layne in the studio. Died is an amazing song too
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    i'll buy it. i'll love it..
    ...but it will NEVER..EVER..be what it was with layne..ever

That being said, they aren't trying to make it what it was with Layne, that ship has sailed.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I'm glad they are putting out music. Jerry has so much to offer musically, you hate to not use that kind of talent. As much as I loved Layne on vocals, Jerry was and is the heart and soul of the band.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I just thought about this, but what if it's only Jerry, Mike, and Sean? And just have Will on tour to fill in Layne's vocals? I think this may be the best situation, though I don't have a problem keeping the name and getting a new singer.

I guess we'll see.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    "I can happily report that the new stuff is kicking my ass right out of my pants."

haha.:p Awesome! :D

Well I'm glad to see that atleast a FEW others are super excited about this!!! I feel so beyond grateful that the remaining 3 are still making music, and TOGETHER at that! What a blessing!! NO ONE IS TRYING TO "REPLACE" LAYNE! My goodness. What they are doing here is done with total class. A tribute all the way. William is up there with nothing but respect. I admit that I had my doubts about him at first and wondered why it wasn't just Jerry doing all the singing... but let me tell you this dude is pheonomenal!! I really do think Layne would truly be so proud of these shows. Everything about them. A tribute to him and the fans!! The way it's being done is such a celebration. It's beautiful.

Also I do remember Jerry saying on several different occasions that once the newer stuff is released it will not be under the name "Alice in Chains".

P.s. Jerry is a rock god! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    More good music will come out in the future!!!! I'm actually glad that Jerry and the boys wanna rock again.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Good to see, who cares whats its called really, it should be good.
  • they should call themselves William Duvall and his Duvall-Star Band.

(yes, i do know how bad that was)