Drive-By Truckers at the Showbox

dmm34dmm34 Posts: 10
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I've been wanting to see the Drive-By Truckers but never had the chance. They're playing 2 shows at the Showbox in Seattle. Are they good live? Are they worth a four hour drive to Seattle? Any input would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dmm34 wrote:
    I've been wanting to see the Drive-By Truckers but never had the chance. They're playing 2 shows at the Showbox in Seattle. Are they good live? Are they worth a four hour drive to Seattle? Any input would be appreciated.

Are they good?

"Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?"

Yes.

In all seriousness...check out some live shows at Archive

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    One of, if not the, best live acts out there.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • If it's a four hour drive, might as well stay overnight and see both shows, dmm34...

:D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • dmm34dmm34 Posts: 10
    I would go to both but I have to work on Saturdays so I can only go to Sundays. I would rather go to a show on a Saturday night than a Sunday. I'm sure it will be bad ass show either night.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    merkinball wrote:
    One of, if not the, best live acts out there.
    I would say the best live act going....especially for my $$$. They don't believe in a set-list...so you never know which songs that they are going to play.....never under two hours (unless they are opening for someone). Don't bring their egos on stage.....them some rowdy mofo's too. :D

My spring breaks falls during the week that DBT is playing New York City....my wife loves going to NYC, we both love DBT shows and I love making my wife happy. We are looking into traveling from Birmingham, Alabama to NYC to catch, among other things, a DBT show. We only caught them twice last year.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Plus the Showbox is a cool ass venue!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V