Stones are the best R&R show i have ever seen

blazedoutbeeblazedoutbee Posts: 239
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Went ansf saw the stones for the 7th time and they fucking blew me away!! THe first seven songs were songs i have never heard before live and they kiked ass. they played for about 2.5 hours. Pearl Jam is the only band that comes close to the stones. I would have loved to see the stones and pearl jam together in pitt. Did anyone go to that show? If so tell me how it was.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm assuming you went to the recent show at Gillette Stadium. That was a killer show. I was there in the fifth row on the floor. One great thing about the show is that they significantly changed the setlist from the standard, relatively unchanging list. That show was my third from their current tour and I'm seeing them tomorrow in Halifax. People can make all the jokes they want about the Stones and their ages but until they see them live they have no idea what they are talking about. Granted, from time to time their shows aren't up to par but that's like any other band. Many people agree that the shows that the band have been putting on during the Bigger Bang tour have been some of the best they've done in years.
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i saw them in Halifax last night. it was an incredible show but we left early because we were cold, soaking wet (despite the massive rain gear) and my friend was afraid she was going to get a cold. i was also tired and annoyed with the staggering, puking baby boomers shoving me around.

the good thing was that we were staying close enough to the Commons that we could still hear them clear as day after we left.

what an incredible sound and light show.

i think they cut the set short though because of the weather, in fact, the concert started early and most of the supporting acts (Sloan, Alice Cooper and Kanye West) only played for 30-40 minutes.
    i. am. mine.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Just based on the set-lists, the first night(Gillete) looked real good: PAINT IT BLACK(opener), LIVE WITH ME, MONKEY MAN, SWEET VIRGINIA, SWAY, and that was just some of the first few songs they started with. The set-list in Halifax looked a little too BASIC. I'll be seeing them twice on this leg. I hope i get a set-list like the one from Gillete Stadium, at least once.