Bonnaroo Live Webcast

solracsolrac Posts: 21
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Bonnaroo Webcast

Don't know if anyone has posted this. Kings of Leon are playing right now. I wasn't able to go this year so... this is as close as I'm going to get. Enjoy!
7.18.06 (Finally!)
6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I've been watching KoL here at work. I wish I was there.
  • PiercePierce Posts: 71
    the same here...can't wait to watch Ben Harper tomorrow...saw him last week...great show
  • solracsolrac Posts: 21
    KoL just put on a good show. I'm glad I was able to catch them here in Atlanta at the Tabernacle. I'll definitely tune in for Ben Harper tomorrow.
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Was just watching the KOL set which pretty much rocked... anyone catch why they left for a second in the middle? It seemed like Caleb didn't know how long the set was supposed to be, because they were making up the set list on the fly.
    Damn I just caught the very end of the Roots doing Masters of War
    Haha, now covering Roxanne by The Police...all kinda awesome.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    1st day of festival and someone DIED!!!!!!! FUckin sad man!
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I can't wait to watch Widespread Panic on Sunday :)
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    has today's show started yet?
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Ben Harper is on right now :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    1st day of festival and someone DIED!!!!!!! FUckin sad man!
    i didnt think the pit at bonnaroo would be that bad, any word on what happend
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

i didnt think the pit at bonnaroo would be that bad, any word on what happend
    He died at his campsite. Don't assume the worst .... there are 80,000 people there. In most cities with 80,000 people, someone will die over a 4-day period. It happens.

Sheriff releases identity of Bonnaroo camper who died
    By RACHEL STULTS
    Staff writer

MANCHESTER - The 25-year-old man who died Friday after being rushed from the grounds of the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival has been identified as Cody L. Conover of Lancaster, Ky., according to Coffee County Sheriff Steve Graves.

Conover’s friends alerted Bonnaroo’s emergency medical staff that he was in some sort of trouble Friday morning. He was taken from his campground site at 11:20 a.m. to United Regional Medical Center in Manchester, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Conover’s body is in Nashville, where it will be examined and probably undergo an autopsy by Medical Examiner Bruce Levy today to determine the cause of death, said Shawn Bates, medical examiner's investigator. Final lab reports may not be available for a few weeks.

There were no visible signs of trauma on the body, Graves said.

“There was no history of any medical problems and they’re waiting on the results from Dr. Levy’s office,” Graves said.

Conover’s parents have been notified and were traveling to Nashville as of 9:30 this morning, Graves said.

This was the first death reported during the 2007 festival, and the sixth Bonnaroo-related death in the event's six-year history.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hippiemom wrote:
    He died at his campsite. Don't assume the worst .... .
    well you have to at things like this and i always assume the worst with things, but thats neither here nor there.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Harper doing Dazed and Confused with JPJ right now.
    Bremerton wrote:
    Harper doing Dazed and Confused with JPJ right now.
    God, that was fabulous :D

Burn One Down now :cool:
    That was fucking incredible! They finished off with "Get Up Stand Up" with Ziggy Marley :D, then "Better Way." What a kickass show!!!

They still have "TBA" at 9:45 .... I hope they broadcast The Police!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it's been unwatchable for the last hour.......if i was there i'd have to drive a nail in my head with a hammer.......
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Ben Harper was beautiful. Loved "Black Rain" and "Diamonds On The Inside".

And Xavier Rudd just ended (can't wait to see him again next month)....new haircut, full band (O_O!), bare feet, didjiredoos....that's good music!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • The video is really thin........why?
    Bob Weir and Ratdog are great..they're on now...can't wait for WP tonight :)
    Kricket wrote:
    Bob Weir and Ratdog are great..they're on now...can't wait for WP tonight :)
    I caught most of John Butler's set earlier, and he was great as always. I'm also looking forward to the White Stripes tonight :)

My daughter is there ... I'm getting insanely jealous watching all of this, especially when I found out she was in the front row last night for Ben Harper.
    hippiemom wrote:
    I caught most of John Butler's set earlier, and he was great as always. I'm also looking forward to the White Stripes tonight :)

My daughter is there ... I'm getting insanely jealous watching all of this, especially when I found out she was in the front row last night for Ben Harper.

I'm jealous of my friends there too...but with 2 young kids I couldn't do it this year but most of the bands there that I want to see I did get or am going to see this summer so it could be worse.

Are the WS stripes on tonight too? I was meaning Widespread Panic :)
    Kricket wrote:
    I'm jealous of my friends there too...but with 2 young kids I couldn't do it this year but most of the bands there that I want to see I did get or am going to see this summer so it could be worse.

Are the WS stripes on tonight too? I was meaning Widespread Panic :)
    It's looking to be a good evening .... Wilco at 5:30, White Stripes at 7:15, Widespread Panic at 8:45 (all Central Time) :)
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    White Stripes on now....good.

*dear God please let me get tickets to at least one show this tour!!!*
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    Just got home from Bonnaroo. To answer a couple of the questions I've seen in this thread, the guy who died was a drug overdose. The Kings of Leon left the stage because they lost power for a minute. They came right back and resumed the show. I'm off to bed.
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    It's actually the 6th death in 4 years, so not really uncommon. Being in that heat it's easy to see how ppl may die if they don't take care of themselves.

Ornette Coleman (a jazz artist playing at Roo) passed out during his set and had to be taken away
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'm in heaven. I'm listening to Gov't Mule cover No Quarter right now from Roo latenight. The memories...

For those interested in the audience FLAC boot http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=507510