Options

Neil Young's Heart of Gold

egmontegmont Posts: 5
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone seen that film? A Neil Young recorded concert in Nashville where he plays the entire A Prairie Wind album.

Now, I hadn't heard the album before checking out this recording, but that was one emotive performance. It was moving how he spoke, eyes brimming with nostalgia, about his daddy, and equally touching was how he spoke proudly of his daughter. You come to learn how much of his heart Neil Young pours into his music.

And the man doesn't run out of batteries; I saw him a couple of years bakc in Boston, alongside Crosby, Stills and Nash, and he was quite electric.

The feel of this live recording in Nashville is more acoustic, but you become compelled to cheer even though you are watching a film.

I would like to hear you impressions of this film...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    There are at least two to three other threads about the film if you search you could probably find a lot of others impressions of it (positive and negative)

I thought it was cool the song he wrote for his daughter and how he introduced it was touching. The end with old laughing lady was phenominal.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996