Go Ahead and Hate It!!!

pj10alive42pj10alive42 Posts: 381
edited February 2007 in Other Music
But I really like Oasis, always have...and they really dont fit in with the bands I primarily listen to, (PJ, Tool, Radiohead, NIN, AIC) just an idiosyncrasy I guess
I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    great band.
  • I love Oasis.
    Cock Fight.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Not an idiosyncracy , as you can't just listen to similar styles all the time , its not healthy.A class song is a class song and Oasis have their fair share of those.I would agree that the bands you mention are better bands as they are a lot less one dimensional than Oasis(except NIN who are distinctly average compared to all the others).
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    A band who puts out songs like the masterplan,acquiesce,half the world away,it's good to be free,fade away or headshrinker as b-sides must be brilliant.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Oasis really isn't that bad of band. I don't know why they get hated on so much now.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Oasis is a great band. Why would anyone hate them?
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    eclectic wrote:
    (except NIN who are distinctly average compared to all the others).
    Why do you think this?
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    bovy_j wrote:
    People dislike them mostly for the personalities of Liam and Noel, i.e. egotistical, delusional sense of superiority, condescending etc.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • if any of you had seen their performace at the Brits last week, you would understand why so many people, my self included, regard oasis as a mediocre band who were in the right place at the right time and got lucky with their 'poor-man's beatle's rip off' sound. their music has progressively gone down hill, since morning glory and liam especially is a complete neanderthal.

(just my opinion though. if anyone likes oasis, that's fine by me)
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    bovy_j wrote:

because Liam and Noel are assholes most of the time, their way to let people know they're still around is bashing and insulting other bands (radiohead for example)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Claudia wrote:
    because Liam and Noel are assholes most of the time, their way to let people know they're still around is bashing and insulting other bands (radiohead for example)

you just made me like them even more ;)

but yes, the main reason people hate oasis is becos they talk a lot of shit. but say what you will, they write some of the most catchy and ballsy rock songs today. it's nice to hear a band that isn't afraid to rock and be fun about it.
  • Why Lyla and Keep The Dream Alive weren't hits in the states is beyond me. DBTT is a great album.
  • I really like Oasis. Their greatest hits compilation, Stop the Clocks, has been getting a lot of rotation by me. I'm not enough of a fan to purchase their individual albums, so this compilation is perfect.

I couldn't stand these guys when they were massively popular, back in '96, but I'm now able to ignore what a wanker Liam is, and actually enjoy the music. 'Talk Tonight', 'Acquiesce' and 'Morning Glory' are my favorite songs of theirs.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • No hate for Oasis here, I've always enjoyed their music. When you come out saying you are better then the Beatles, well, that's just dumb.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    They havent done anything decent since 96/97 imo,i was lucky enough to have met Noel at Heathrow and he was pretty cool.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • I dig a little Oasis.

Fucking In The Bushes has one of the sweetest riffs ever.

It's weird that that song is really different from everything else they wrote.
    Atleast I think anyway, I don't know their catalouge.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    oh yea, i like oasis
    we don't want war, but we still want more?