Options

Membership expired

edited March 2008 in The Porch
I have been a ten club member since 1998 however my membership expired a while back ( 18 months ago) I understand that I may mail a letter to the ten club to appeal to them to get my seniority back. Does anyone have any experience with this? My old number was 151xxx my new number is 491xxx
Remember Everyday To Love And Do It Openly Please Spread The Jam
Noblesville 1998,2000,2003,2010
Toledo 2004
Cincy 2006
Washington D.C. 2008
Ed In Nashville 2009
Chicago Night One 2009
Columbus 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I have been a ten club member since 1998 however my membership expired a while back ( 18 months ago) I understand that I may mail a letter to the ten club to appeal to them to get my seniority back. Does anyone have any experience with this? My old number was 151xxx my new number is 491xxx

Considering it's been that long...your odds aren't good.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327

worth a shot but 18 months is hella long and that's a huge jump 151 to 491! damn man I feel for you.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    You're probably just shit outta luck. I let mine laspe a few times but accepted the fact its my own fault I'm at the back of the line now. Someone else who has stayed on the ball doesn't deserve to have me to jump ahead of them because I'm lazy.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm thinking you'll need to get comfortable with 491xxx. It is a bummer, and I did the same thing years ago.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    nshiza1nshiza1 Posts: 26
    I was a 10C member from 1991 until 1997 until I hit a time that I couldn't afford it for a few years (college costs...etc). Anyway, I started paying for my fan club membership again in 1999 and I never lost my number (003***)!!! Believe me this came in handy when I started buying fan club tix. Just let them know the legitimate reason you couldn't pay for so long, and they will give you your number back like they did for me. Good luck
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    In the past few years they've begun enforcing a 30 day grace period. I'd say they may stretch it out for a few days or weeks....but a year and a half is pushing it. Yeah it sucks for you, but why didn't you renew sooner?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Nothing personal, but I seriously hope they don't give you your number back. I mean, if they did, what would be the point of even having the rule?
    It's something that 95% of us look forward to-- someone like you not renewing so that we can be closer to our band.
    Seriously, no offense against you. Either way, let us know how it turns out
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    culot4 wrote:
    You're probably just shit outta luck. I let mine laspe a few times but accepted the fact its my own fault I'm at the back of the line now. Someone else who has stayed on the ball doesn't deserve to have me to jump ahead of them because I'm lazy.

Wow... I admire you showing responsibility. You don't see that very often in this day and age. I almost wish you could get your old # back because of it...
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Wow... I admire you showing responsibility. You don't see that very often in this day and age. I almost wish you could get your old # back because of it...

Nah...its ok. People get so hung up on getting close that I don't mind getting middle of the road seats. They're far from the best, but far from the worst. I've actually had the best time just back on the lawn at Merriweather with some real laid back neighbors before even having a number.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    nshiza1 wrote:
    I was a 10C member from 1991 until 1997 until I hit a time that I couldn't afford it for a few years (college costs...etc). Anyway, I started paying for my fan club membership again in 1999 and I never lost my number (003***)!!! Believe me this came in handy when I started buying fan club tix. Just let them know the legitimate reason you couldn't pay for so long, and they will give you your number back like they did for me. Good luck
    Thank you for giving me a little hope on this I appreciate that! I will let you know what happened. The reason I didn't renew for so long is simple I lost my job a while back and it's taken me sometime to get back on my feet!
    Toledo 2004
    Cincy 2006
    Washington D.C. 2008
    Ed In Nashville 2009
    Chicago Night One 2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    give it a shot...

i let mine lapse once (not going to tell you the amount of time) and they fixed the problem and said that they would only do it once for me, so now im on the ball about it
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 879
    if it's your first time, there's a good chance they'll have mercy on you, but don't let it happen again, that's from my own personal experience.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    If they would let me pay 5 or even 10 years in advance I would....!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    pjheasds8pjheasds8 Posts: 91
    a few years ago, mine lapsed by a few days. I accepted it and got a new #. then a tour came and I went from top seats to side stage. I emailed back and forth with them to see if I could get my old #. fortunately records showed I had only lapsed by a few days, and I took a picture of one of my old newsletters where it showed my old member #(as proof). so now I get good seats again. sounds like a similar situation. i didn't lapse my membership for 18 months but i went 3 years with a new # before I got the old one back.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    pjheasds8 wrote:
    a few years ago, mine lapsed by a few days. I accepted it and got a new #. then a tour came and I went from top seats to side stage. I emailed back and forth with them to see if I could get my old #. fortunately records showed I had only lapsed by a few days, and I took a picture of one of my old newsletters where it showed my old member #(as proof). so now I get good seats again. sounds like a similar situation. i didn't lapse my membership for 18 months but i went 3 years with a new # before I got the old one back.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I smile when I read people saying: oh, good, don't renew, I'll advance in 10c seniority. It's bullshit. If you pester them long enough, then you'll get any number back after any length of time. And that's a shame.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723

No.

Sorry, 18 months is far too long to have your membership expire and to just know try to inquire and get the 151xxx number back. Loads of people lost their low membership numbers after just a few months of expiration.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    culot4 wrote:

Did the same. Had 189xxx and let it lapse. Ended up getting a new membership not long after letting it lapse and accepted the fact that I let the old one go.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Not trying to be mean, but 18 months is a long time. If you got your number back, it doesn't seem fair to all the people who have renewed on time every year.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Nothing personal, but I seriously hope they don't give you your number back. I mean, if they did, what would be the point of even having the rule?
    It's something that 95% of us look forward to-- someone like you not renewing so that we can be closer to our band.
    Seriously, no offense against you. Either way, let us know how it turns out
    I agree- nothing personal
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    JaneNY wrote:
    Not trying to be mean, but 18 months is a long time. If you got your number back, it doesn't seem fair to all the people who have renewed on time every year.
    right!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    release30 wrote:
    If they would let me pay 5 or even 10 years in advance I would....!!
    you can actually.
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

Exactly. The 30 day grace period is more than fair. I understand times get tough, but you couldn't afford the 20 bucks for a year & 1/2? Funny how when tour time comes around the same people who couldn't afford to renew, can suddenly renew & pay for tix to shows. Man up, & accept the fact that you were lazy or it wasn't a priority & you deserve your new # because of it. Such are the rules of the game.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    What a touchy subject!!
    Toledo 2004
    Cincy 2006
    Washington D.C. 2008
    Ed In Nashville 2009
    Chicago Night One 2009
    Columbus 2010