Need help looking for new music...

showtime3244showtime3244 Posts: 16
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Since it might be another 2 years before another new PJ CD, and me approaching my mid-thirties, I've realized my CD collection has become really dated.

So I've been trying to find some new rock bands, but I'm having trouble finding some I really get into.

I liked Audioslave, but they're gone. I'm starting to get into the White Stripes, and Wolfmother is alright, but nothing makes me excited like Tom Petty or Pearl Jam.

I just want to find a couple of good rock bands that I can listen to to kill time between PJ releases.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brad
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Since it might be another 2 years before another new PJ CD, and me approaching my mid-thirties, I've realized my CD collection has become really dated.

So I've been trying to find some new rock bands, but I'm having trouble finding some I really get into.

I liked Audioslave, but they're gone. I'm starting to get into the White Stripes, and Wolfmother is alright, but nothing makes me excited like Tom Petty or Pearl Jam.

I just want to find a couple of good rock bands that I can listen to to kill time between PJ releases.

Any ideas?

Twilight singers are fucking awesome, particularly their latest album Powder Burns. Download the song There Has Been An Accident and see what you think.
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    try some Jimmy EAT World not the radio shit get any album. Im 30 years old and I fucking love them...I think they keep me young..

Good by Sky Harbor ...is A real nice Jam//Check it!!
    (song name)
    grimmy
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    First of all, if you like Pearl Jam then we can probably assume you like hard rock. Screaming Trees is a very good band which is relatively similar to mid 90's Pearl Jam.
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Twilight singers are fucking awesome, particularly their latest album Powder Burns. Download the song There Has Been An Accident and see what you think.

Same suggestion. Whenever I go on a PJ hiatus, I (nearly exclusively) play the Twilight Singers.

Screaming Trees is also a great suggestion, along with some Mark Lanegan solo work.
  • Try These Great Bands!!

Kings Of Leon!!

My Morning Jacket
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Yeah My Morning Jacket is full of amazing songs. Every album.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • The Shins!!!!
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • Or how about some good ol' Local H.

Pack Up The Cats is a monster of a rock album.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • The Drive-By Truckers
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Black Market Radio (Cornell's brother)
    Sleater-Kinney
    The Black Keys
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    EAGLES OF DEATH METAL!
    The Derek Trucks Band

Thats all for now.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Three Words:

Drive By Truckers
  • Thanks, I'll look into the Twilight Singers. Never heard of them.

I've got some Screaming Trees, that's why my collection is dated. It's all early '90's.

I've heard some MMJ, but I doesn't sound something I would like.

I've been hearing good things about the Derek Trucks Band. Are they pretty heavy? I'll have to check them out.

Thanks again
  • Thanks, I'll look into the Twilight Singers. Never heard of them.

I've got some Screaming Trees, that's why my collection is dated. It's all early '90's.

I've heard some MMJ, but I doesn't sound something I would like.

I've been hearing good things about the Derek Trucks Band. Are they pretty heavy? I'll have to check them out.

Thanks again

DTB aren't heavy at all really. Songlines is a superb album its a blend of a ton of various styles and Derek Trucks plays a mean slide guitar. I love the album and I loved seeing the guys open for The Allman Brothers Band last June.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • yep! kings of leon
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,214
    Clutch! Try either Robot Hive/Exodus or Blast Tyrant. They've evolved into this fantastically heavy blues-rock band. Great guitar work and brilliant lyrics that have a tremendous flow.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys