Just got tickets!

Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
edited September 2007 in Other Music
To see Vah Halen on nov 3rd. That's right... VAN HALEN... not... VAN HAGGAR. Woo Hoo!

And concerning Pearl Jam... opening act has not been named so you never know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    To see Vah Halen on nov 3rd. That's right... VAN HALEN... not... VAN HAGGAR. Woo Hoo!

If Pearl Jam opens for Van Halen I will wax my balls on camera at this years New Years Rockin Eve in Times Square. Not gonna happen.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    If Pearl Jam opens for Van Halen I will wax my balls on camera at this years New Years Rockin Eve in Times Square. Not gonna happen.

no it wont. but now i'm in the right forum. ;)
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    no it wont. but now i'm in the right forum. ;)

:D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Ky-Mani Marley is listed as the opener at pollstar
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,390

Yea.. if only they had Michael Anthony and not a 15 year old kid playing bass......

BTW, there's a ton of rehearsal footage on youtube. They're busting out all the classics.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Ky-Mani Marley is listed as the opener at pollstar
    Yeah, Ky-Mani Marley is opening the entire tour. Which allows me a little more time at the poker machines at Mohegan Sun before heading into the arena on Oct 5.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • TrAvELAr wrote:
    Yea.. if only they had Michael Anthony and not a 15 year old kid playing bass......

BTW, there's a ton of rehearsal footage on youtube. They're busting out all the classics.

Oh nice. I will check that out. First time seeing VH. So a little bummed about Michael Anthony but excited.
    Oh nice. I will check that out. First time seeing VH. So a little bummed about Michael Anthony but excited.

I hear ya... I've been waiting for this tour since I've been old enough to see concerts, but I think I'm going to skip it. I saw Dave in a small club a couple of years ago and he performed all of the VH stuff that I wanted to see... and I've seen Van Hagar about 10 times (and Van Cherone once (one too many times)) , so I probably won't be missing much.... Now... if Michael Anthony were back on the tour, I'd be there in a second.
  • TrAvELAr wrote:
    I hear ya... I've been waiting for this tour since I've been old enough to see concerts, but I think I'm going to skip it. I saw Dave in a small club a couple of years ago and he performed all of the VH stuff that I wanted to see... and I've seen Van Hagar about 10 times (and Van Cherone once (one too many times)) , so I probably won't be missing much.... Now... if Michael Anthony were back on the tour, I'd be there in a second.

How well did Dave's voice hold up?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    this will be OK if youve never seen them before

Im passing on this because I dont want it to ruin the good memories I have from the Fair Warning and 1984 tours
    If anthony was there, Id be going
  • Give me tickets and I still would rather stay home and watch the New PJ DVD!!!

Wolfgang on Bass.......what???

David Lee Roth................Tour will get stopped because him and Ed will get pissy!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • hidinghiding Posts: 290
    lock it up!
    no u lock it up!
    lock it up!

winner

team player!
    one love

respect
    How well did Dave's voice hold up?

Surprisingly, it wasn't bad... it was a small club and I bet maybe there were 1000 people there. Great show. He can't hold the high notes, or hit them well, but he made due with what he could. Nothing sounded.... BAD.
  • I got shut out. I think it was because I was trying to get 8 tickets, and when they finally came up they were crap seats, so I put them back and tried to get better ones, possibly in 2 groups of 4. No dice. By the time I went to pairs...all gone...

Oh well... I will see them next Monday in Philly, so that will have to do unless they add another show in NJ or at MSG...
  • memememe Posts: 4,695

ahah... I think they draw the line at Van Halen :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • meme wrote:
    ahah... I think they draw the line at Van Halen :D

I think Mike loves his VH..... He incorporates Van Halen riffs into Yellow Ledbetter solos on 2000 bootlegs...
  • sorry to hear that. another victim of the van halen rape tour. well look at the bright side if you don't know what you've missed and what they're missing... you might actually like it. this tour outta totally destroy the roth van halen legacy or what was left of it anyway.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I think Mike loves his VH..... He incorporates Van Halen riffs into Yellow Ledbetter solos on 2000 bootlegs...

I know, and I like them too, but I do think it would be odd for PJ to open for them :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • sorry to hear that. another victim of the van halen rape tour. well look at the bright side if you don't know what you've missed and what they're missing... you might actually like it. this tour outta totally destroy the roth van halen legacy or what was left of it anyway.

Rape? wtf does that mean? This tour is VH's redemption, What people have missed is EVH and DLR together. Most people won't miss Micheal Anthony at all. I'm glad Wolfgang is on tour , maybe that will keep his dad off the bottle, if he does it will be a kick ass rock show ! Sure it won't be the same as back in thier prime, but no band is able to hold to that level. Even our mighty PJ isnt band the same(live) as they were 10-15 years ago.
  • meme wrote:
    I know, and I like them too, but I do think it would be odd for PJ to open for them :)

no question
  • cuyler41 wrote:
    Rape? wtf does that mean? This tour is VH's redemption, What people have missed is EVH and DLR together. Most people won't miss Micheal Anthony at all. I'm glad Wolfgang is on tour , maybe that will keep his dad off the bottle, if he does it will be a kick ass rock show ! Sure it won't be the same as back in thier prime, but no band is able to hold to that level. Even our mighty PJ isnt band the same(live) as they were 10-15 years ago.
    rape meaning to rape the wallet/pocketbook of the diehard fans that have waited so long to see this (now being too late). van halen's redemption? are you kidding me it's the VH bank account re-up tour and having wolfie instead of mike makes it even more of a big joke. david lee roth sucks now and eddies just grinning and bearing it until all the money is split up and deposited then roth gets the boot again. can't say i blame eddie for it though. being around roth for too long is like hanging with that fly that you can't swat down at a picnic that keeps landing on your potato salad annoying the piss outta ya..this show is gonna be one big suck-fest. ohh and pearl jam is better now than they were back then. van halen is nowhere near the caliber band pearl jam is now or then. IMO anyway.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • rape meaning to rape the wallet/pocketbook of the diehard fans that have waited so long to see this (now being too late). van halen's redemption? are you kidding me it's the VH bank account re-up tour and having wolfie instead of mike makes it even more of a big joke. david lee roth sucks now and eddies just grinning and bearing it until all the money is split up and deposited then roth gets the boot again. can't say i blame eddie for it though. being around roth for too long is like hanging with that fly that you can't swat down at a picnic that keeps landing on your potato salad annoying the piss outta ya..this show is gonna be one big suck-fest. ohh and pearl jam is better now than they were back then. van halen is nowhere near the caliber band pearl jam is now or then. IMO anyway.

Fair enough, We will see soon enough if this tour is a "suck fest" or not. I'm pretty sure past VH tours wtih Dave were suck fests too, backstage at least :) Tickets can be had for 60 bucks, that seems like a reasonable price. You really should wait and see and hear thier performance before you rip it. Cheers
  • cuyler41 wrote:
    Fair enough, We will see soon enough if this tour is a "suck fest" or not. I'm pretty sure past VH tours wtih Dave were suck fests too, backstage at least :) Tickets can be had for 60 bucks, that seems like a reasonable price. You really should wait and see and hear thier performance before you rip it. Cheers
    i've seen dave solo a few times recently so yeah he sucked. adding eddie and the boys isn't gonna improve his singing. saw them in 82 and 84 they were decent but even then dave wasn't the greatest sounding singer around but way better than he is now. he was a much better showman than anything else and that made up for it. his martial arts stuff was awesome. well atleast the van halen brothers will sound decent and that alone is worth the 60 bucks. around here i couldn't get tickets for less than 200 so i passed.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,850
    having wolfie instead of mike makes it even more of a big joke. van halen is nowhere near the caliber band pearl jam is now or then. IMO anyway.

1) 100% pecent right-I dont think people realize the extent of MA's harmonies;
    2) VH, in their prime were pretty damn good Ive seen some van halen shows that were better than some PJ shows, but the reverse is also true, perhaps more so.

Im passing on this. Just not excited and I dont want to ruin the memories I have