Options

Stadium Arcadium is freakin awesome!!!!!

edited May 2006 in Other Music
who else is with me???? Man the Chili's are just great. My second favorite band behind Pearl Jam. So many good songs.... Snow, Wet Sand, Hard to Concentrate, Animal Bar, 21st Century, Dani California, Make You Feel Better.....

All Chili Peppers haters leave now cause you obviously do not have a good taste in music!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    It is very good. I love it. But not thieir best. I loved By the Way and this didnt quite live up to that one but its still really good.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    who else is with me???? Man the Chili's are just great. My second favorite band behind Pearl Jam. So many good songs.... Snow, Wet Sand, Hard to Concentrate, Animal Bar, 21st Century, Dani California, Make You Feel Better.....

All Chili Peppers haters leave now cause you obviously do not have a good taste in music!

Fuckin right dude and I'm glad you mentioned Animal Bar, I love that song. Just let me add Slow Cheetah, Snow,Stadium Arcadium,Especially in Michigan,Desecration Smile,Tell me Baby, and Readymade.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Not really impressed so far. Only on the second listen. This thing is so long it may take a month or so before I can tell if I really like it or not. I thought it was supposed to be more funky but so far I am not feeling it. Seems to have a pretty, harmonized, By the Way sound so far to me.
  • Options
    from what ive heard so far from the cd, it rocks
  • Options
    sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    I have to say, my main fault with RHCP has always been their lack of editing. I've always thought that they've come just slightly short of that mind blowing classic album (although "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" is as close as you can get) a few times now, all because the albums ran two or three tracks too long.

That said, there are easily enough great songs on "Stadium Arcadium" to warrant a double album. My problem with it is that a lot of these tracks, while good songs, sound like the kind of stuff the guys could write in their sleep. There are a few truly standout tracks ("Animal Bar", "Storm in a Teacup" and "Desecration Smile" spring to mind immediately), but I find most of the set, though not bad nor filler by any means, a little too average.

I think it was the All Music Guide review I read that really hit the hammer on the head; "Stadium Arcadium" seems designed not for your stereo, but your iPod. The Chilis give you 28 tracks to choose from, you pick the ones you like, and put 'em together however you want. I think this album's greatest strength is not its consistent gratification over 2 hours on 2 CDs, but its seemingly limitless possibilities we have as a listener as far as deciding what 13-17 tracks we can sequence in order to create that bonafide classic album we all know is in there somewhere.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    sickwillie wrote:
    I have to say, my main fault with RHCP has always been their lack of editing. I've always thought that they've come just slightly short of that mind blowing classic album (although "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" is as close as you can get) a few times now, all because the albums ran two or three tracks too long.

That said, there are easily enough great songs on "Stadium Arcadium" to warrant a double album. My problem with it is that a lot of these tracks, while good songs, sound like the kind of stuff the guys could write in their sleep. There are a few truly standout tracks ("Animal Bar", "Storm in a Teacup" and "Desecration Smile" spring to mind immediately), but I find most of the set, though not bad nor filler by any means, a little too average.

I think it was the All Music Guide review I read that really hit the hammer on the head; "Stadium Arcadium" seems designed not for your stereo, but your iPod. The Chilis give you 28 tracks to choose from, you pick the ones you like, and put 'em together however you want. I think this album's greatest strength is not its consistent gratification over 2 hours on 2 CDs, but its seemingly limitless possibilities we have as a listener as far as deciding what 13-17 tracks we can sequence in order to create that bonafide classic album we all know is in there somewhere.

I read that same review and its bullshit. He says something like " Its our job to arange the tracks because they obviouly didn't"...I think the songs are arranged fine. The guy also goes on to say RHCP could do more with a better frontman. He even goes as far to call Anthony a liability. I'm glad you gave props to Animal Bar at least.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    culot4 wrote:
    I read that same review and its bullshit. He says something like " Its our job to arange the tracks because they obviouly didn't"...I think the songs are arranged fine. The guy also goes on to say RHCP could do more with a better frontman. He even goes as far to call Anthony a liability. I'm glad you gave props to Animal Bar at least.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I wasn't implying that I agreed with everything in the review, but I did like the idea of the "choose your own adventure" songlist, that's all. Imagine the Chilis without Anthony; that's laughable.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    sickwillie wrote:

I agree with you on the editing or lack there of that the Chili's seem to be afflicted with. This usually results in some lackluster album tracks, but some AMAZING B-sides that unfortunately go relatively unnoticed. I've noticed this since Blood, Sugar. Same with One Hot Minute. And there were two from Californication. One was the gorgeouse "Gong Li." And there was one I was just listening to today from By the Way, called Time, which is really catchy hard funk song.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I think it's fucking awesome.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    ive only listened to jupiter so far (+21st century live)...and im pretty pleased. hopefullly just more good things to come, but i thought id try to take it slow - just jupiter alone is already as long as by the way already. so much music to take in that i feel i just dont want to rush it.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'm loving it. John Frusciante is a great fuckin guitar player. I wish I could have seen Pearl Jam and the Peppers together back in the early 90's
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Sathogwa wrote:
    I agree with you on the editing or lack there of that the Chili's seem to be afflicted with. This usually results in some lackluster album tracks, but some AMAZING B-sides that unfortunately go relatively unnoticed. I've noticed this since Blood, Sugar. Same with One Hot Minute. And there were two from Californication. One was the gorgeouse "Gong Li." And there was one I was just listening to today from By the Way, called Time, which is really catchy hard funk song.

sorry, but i'm not familiar with "time". it wasn't on "by the way". there's also no song called "gong li" on "californication". did you mean they were b-sides from singles that were released from these albums? i've just never heard them...i'd like to look for them and check them out if they were unreleased b-sides.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    sorry, but i'm not familiar with "time". it wasn't on "by the way". there's also no song called "gong li" on "californication". did you mean they were b-sides from singles that were released from these albums? i've just never heard them...i'd like to look for them and check them out if they were unreleased b-sides.
    yup Time and Gong Li are b-sides.
    Time was from the "By the Way" single..."Gong Li" i think it was on some special edition of Californication and some single.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Sathogwa wrote:

ok, found them...i see what you meant now. thanks. :)
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yup Time and Gong Li are b-sides.
    Time was from the "By the Way" single..."Gong Li" i think it was on some special edition of Californication and some single.

thanks axl :)
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    sickwillie wrote:

I think there is a whole LOT of filler on the double CD but this is exactly what I did and now I have a solid 14 track CD that's pretty good. It is highly listenable but still think the songs start to bleed together. I am excited to see them this summer and give my custom CD a worthy B but it's time to for the peppers to take a chance and mix things up a bit.
    The less you know, the more you believe.