Screaming Trees

edited July 2006 in Other Music
I was just wondering if there are any ST albums worth buying. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    I don't know many Screaming Trees songs but the ones that I have heard are pretty good.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Sweet Oblivion is really good.. More or Less and Nearly Lost You are both on this album..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    I was just wondering if there are any ST albums worth buying. Any suggestions?

Sweet Oblivion is the album.

Dust rules as well and features the guitar playing of Mike McCready on one song.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • I'd go with the Oceans of Confusion Greatest Hits compilation, and work from there. It's an excellent taster of their work, and features the hard to find Who Lies In Darkness from the Something About Today EP, as well as a couple more unreleased and rare tracks.

My favourite song is probably More Or Less... Maybe Sworn and Broken if I'm in a more quiet mood....
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • ocean of confusion definitly...i had all the screaming trees albums but i didnt realise just how amazing they were til i got ocean of confusion...its so fucking good
    ...when a truant finds home....
  • i think that for the sheer convenience of it, oceans of confusion is a good album to have. but the band is so fantastic and their albums are so full of good songs that it would be a shame to just settle for their greatest hits album. sweet oblivion is a no-brainer, easily their masterpiece; dust is very good but on the poppy side; uncle anesthesia is another mind-blower; and anthology: sst years 1985 - 1989 sums up their early stuff very nicely. and because mr. lanegan has such an outrageously sexy voice, go for some of his solo stuff too (whiskey for the holy ghost, the winding sheet, i'll take care of you).... those are my suggestions.
    that's faarkokte.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    uncle anaesthesia
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    Most of their albums are good, but if you were to buy one i'd say go with Sweet Oblivion or Dust.
    Both pretty flawless albums.
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Great band great singer, heck by all there albums there that damm good.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Dust - you have to own that album, it's mind-blowing stuff from start to finish!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Get Sweet Oblivion, and if you want to sample the earlier stuff (which is great), check out the Anthology.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Chronological order, begin at the begining, you wont regret it, Buzz Factory is my favourite.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah get Oceans of Confusion first and see what songs you like best. Then buy the albums according to that.

Also check out Mark Lanegan's solo work. Amazing :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Chronological order, begin at the begining, you wont regret it, Buzz Factory is my favourite.:)

It's my favorite too.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"