Options

Opinion on x-mas record

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited December 2007 in The Porch
so i have a son, hes gonna be 3 in feb. last year at x-mas he knew what was going on to an extent. this year he knows full blown that santa is comming. and i love it.
now eds daughter is almost a year older. for the song ed put on, its what he is seeing in his daughters eyes. and from his youth too.
he see the excitement and antisipation(sp?) is his kids eyes.
imo thats whrere this song came from.
i cant wait till tuesday for my son to wake up and see all the presents under the tree. its going to be one of the happiest days of my life.
too see the joy of a 3 year old on christmas day is a beautifull thing.
"sant is god" to the young and innocent.

and i just found out i have another child too spoil on x-mas next year. not that he or she will know whats going on but still.

so all in all, i think this song is ed seeing his little girl soo excited for x-mas.

good job.
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    I like your opinion.

And congratulations on the one on the way.
  • Options
    I thought so to, he wrote it for her, but now I can see
    how deep actually it is. You're right, he's seeing/singing
    this from her point of view and it inspired him to write this
    cute tune. I love it. and it's awesome to remember
    when us grown ups were young, the only way to go back
    is when you're around kids and (I assume) especially when
    you got your own. Awesome!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Wait....what song are we talking about here?
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Wait....what song are we talking about here?
    The new Pearl Jam Christmas song called "Santa God": http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=267349
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Congrats on the newbie!

I too have a 3year old (daughter) who is very excited this year. The only thing she has asked Santa for is a train set. Not Thomas the Train but a real "smoke puffin", train whislin", "bell clanging" train. I went to a local hobby train store last night and picked one out. As I was paying I noticed some pics behind the clerk and what did I see? Neil Young posing with the clerk from different years! He evidently pops in from time to time and was just there the day of his October concert in Detroit. The clerk said he is the nicest person, very gracious.

Anyways Face, like you I cannot wait for XMAS morning to arrive :)

Merry Xmas
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    I must say that having a 3 year old does make the anticipation for Christmas morning fun, almost as much as when I was a kid myself.
    Last year when ho took the corner into the living room and saw all the stuff under the tree he just stopped and stared in amazement...had to be convinced it was for him and it was OK to go play with it. This year I think he'll just attack the stuff.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    what about the line where he says it was all a lie:)
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan