Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana

edited July 2006 in Other Music
What would I do without these bands. All are in my top 10 favorite bands and the fact that they are all from the same town and were all making music at the same time just makes it even better.

You people are lucky to have experienced the early 90's with the great music and all.
I get to spend my teen years in the time of emo and rap.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suffragettesuffragette Posts: 253
    Athens GA in the early 80's was a pretty happening place.
  • You people are lucky to have experienced the early 90's with the great music and all.
    I get to spend my teen years in the time of emo and rap.

I really appreciate hearing this from a teen of this time, you acknowledge the right stuff! I was born in 83 so although I was only 10 in 93..... I got to spend my early to mid teens with years like 1996-98 which i think were the best years because we had radiohead, smashing pumpkins, and pearl jam all in their (what i feel is their) prime. Amongst all the other good alternative bands where one hit wonders were actually GOOD and still are good.
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    putting Nirvana there is an insult to all of them..
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    I BrisK I wrote:
    putting Nirvana there is an insult to all of them..

I agree. Though I like Nirvana I think they are way overrated.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    mwachsman wrote:
    I agree. Though I like Nirvana I think they are way overrated.

exactly..

One of the most overrated songs..

When april 5th comes all the music channels and everything is like RIP Kurt. Not saying everything should be Layne and no kurt, at least some Layne WTF ?? LAYNE STALEY!!!! ??? nothing on Layne its just nirvana nirvana nirvana.

And Kurt is a giant hipocrite - explained it too many times

Dont get me started on the music
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I agree. I only got into these bands in the last five years, although I was into older, classic rock before.
    I'm just glad I got to hear about these bands so that I can appreciate their music, and thankfully Pearl Jam are still together so I have the opportunity to hear their music live.

All the mentioned bands have changed people's lives and for that we should be grateful
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Im 15 and have learned that there is good current music...but you really gotta look for it. My favorite bands are all from the the late 60s or the early 90s with the exception of U2(80s) and the Clash(late 70s).....I absolutely love so many bands from the early 90s, it really makes me jealous sometimes that I missed those days but I may be even more jealous about missing the late 60s cuz that was just such a cool era culturally, musically...everything. Then again, I would have hated to have had to live through the mid70s-80s.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Im 15 and have learned that there is good current music...but you really gotta look for it. My favorite bands are all from the the late 60s or the early 90s with the exception of U2(80s) and the Clash(late 70s).....I absolutely love so many bands from the early 90s, it really makes me jealous sometimes that I missed those days but I may be even more jealous about missing the late 60s cuz that was just such a cool era culturally, musically...everything. Then again, I would have hated to have had to live through the mid70s-80s.

hey im 16 :p
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    It doesn't have to be that way :)

Sure, those four bands (and a few others) were incredible in their time, but there's a lot of great music happening right now that isn't EMO or rap.

Check out Porcupine Tree, Oceansize, Twilight Singers, QOTSA, Eleven, The Black Keys, Ian Love, and The Flaming Lips...just to name a few. A few of them won't be as heavy as some of the stuff you love, but they're just as good in their own way.