Options

RHCP: By The Way

edited May 2006 in Other Music
Who else loves this album?!?!?! Such a strong set of songs... Dosed, Minor Thing, Tear, Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, On Mercury, Venice Queen is an amazing closer....there is not one weak song.
Show some love!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Great album by a great band, also there new album is great too Stadium Arcadium no matter what people say on here, go out and buy it.
  • Options
    XiangXiang Posts: 73
    Awesome stuff!! It's their best and most mature release...
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    my favorite Chili Peppers album!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Solo at the end of Minor Thing leading right into Warm Tape followed by Venice Queen is so fantastic. A lot of people didn't care for this album, I think it is phenomenal.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    SA absolutely wipes the floor with it, but it's not a bad album. I like Venice Queen quite a lot.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I only really like Can't Stop,Venice Queen and Don't Forget Me from this album..I think Stadium Arcadium is alot better...but still BTW was a decent effort.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    BloodSugarSexMagik & Californication are the only 2 RHCP's album I love.

I don't actually like By The Way much at all, find it pretty boring to be honest. SA is alittle better but not a patch of Blood & Cali IMO.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yup, love it. Dosed is probably my fav from it.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Dosed is probably my favourite song off the album. Totally love the whole CD though.
    Reminds me though, I haven't listened to it much lately. I think my lunch break will be a very good time to correct that.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    I love it! Dosed and Zephyr song are my favorite tracks. Great album.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    By The Way is easily their most consistent and focused album. To me it is pretty much a perfect pop album. Nearly every song has a strong memorable chorus, the same can not be said of Stadium Arcadium. Had they made SA a one disc album, I think it could have been much more impressive, even John Frusciante admitted he would have preferred it to have been shorter. This is not to say I don't like SA, it's just not as good as By The Way.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Solo at the end of Minor Thing leading right into Warm Tape followed by Venice Queen is so fantastic. A lot of people didn't care for this album, I think it is phenomenal.

Solo at the end of Minor Thing reminds me of New Year's Day by U2, when Bono sings "I will be with you again". The patterns the exact same, I always wondered if John did it on purpose, because it's absolutely identical. Anyways, loved Can't Stop, wasn't sold on the rest of the album. I think it's their worst album with John F. on it.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Who else loves this album?!?!?! Such a strong set of songs... Dosed, Minor Thing, Tear, Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, On Mercury, Venice Queen is an amazing closer....there is not one weak song.
    Show some love!
    I agree 100%!! By The Way is an amazing album!! Stadium Arcadium is pretty good but is nowhere near By The Way. I actually think the new one would have been better as one disc with the best 14 songs from the two discs.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'm always suspicious of comparing albums that bands have done though. I mean when they write albums they are at different places in their lives and that is reflected through the music.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I looove this album. It gets so much unfair and just plain unjustified criticism. Nice to know other people dig this masterpiece.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    By the Way is like RHCP's version of Binaural in that it has some of the best songs they've ever written, but not a great album overall
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    HasiHasi Posts: 4
    I love the last song, repeat-repeat-repeat.....
  • Options
    I love this album too. Been a Chili Peppers fan since Mothers Milk, and I can truly say this one is my favorite. It's such a stretch from anything else they've done. This is kind of hard to describe, but I can almost hear the ocean and the california beaches speaking through this album. It's transcendent.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    By The Way is easily their most consistent and focused album. To me it is pretty much a perfect pop album. Nearly every song has a strong memorable chorus, the same can not be said of Stadium Arcadium.

I completely agree. I don't understand why so many people on this board don't like By The Way. I loved it - I thought it was much better than Califonication.