I'm Not There

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I ordered this soundtrack after listening to Mark Lanegan covering "Man in the Long Black Coat." The title track is covered by Sonic Youth and it sounds awesome as well. A great collection of songs covered by some outstanding artists including Jeff Tweedy, The Black Keys, and the Yeah yeah yeah's. I can't wait to get this in the mail. Some good old fashioned it's 5:00pm and its pitch black dark outside sort of listening.
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah, its really damn good. artist highlights for me (besides ed) are stephen malkmus, yo la tengo, iron and wine, the black keys, sufjan stevens, sonic youth, calexico, richie havens, jeff tweedy, and tom verlaine. i posted all of the artists in the porch the day before it came out but no one really cared.. probably should have done it in here
    drowning, drinking the light
    god's eyes are closed, just like yours
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    i can't stress enough how good this soundtrack is!
    listened to disc 1 on saturday afternoon, now i'm listening to disc 2 and i'm continually impressed.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    mdigenakis wrote:
    I ordered this soundtrack after listening to Mark Lanegan covering "Man in the Long Black Coat." The title track is covered by Sonic Youth and it sounds awesome as well. A great collection of songs covered by some outstanding artists including Jeff Tweedy, The Black Keys, and the Yeah yeah yeah's. I can't wait to get this in the mail. Some good old fashioned it's 5:00pm and its pitch black dark outside sort of listening.
    what is this????? is ed on it? Is there only the one song by Lanegan?
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    elmer wrote:
    what is this????? is ed on it? Is there only the one song by Lanegan?
    It's a two disc soundtrack to an upcoming Bob Dylan biopic movie. All of the songs are Dylan covers. Eddie is on it covering "All Along The Watchtower" and there is only one song by Lanegan.

Cat Power, Stephen Malkmus(all of his tracks), Tweedy and The Hold Steady are my favorites on the album. There are some I could have done without(Sufjan's cover!), but overall it is a very strong collection with a lot of really good performances.