The Greenhornes

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I heard a few of their songs in the movie Broken Flowers and I really liked the mix of influences in their music. I looked up one of their albums, Dual Mono, and it's really really good. How come i've never heard of these guys before?
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    the greenhornes are amazing...a couple of the guys are in the Raconteurs ( sure you've heard of them)...i went to high school with one of the guys outside of Cincinnati, OH in a small town in Indiana....they have a few albums out, all of which are great.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mdigenakis wrote:
    I heard a few of their songs in the movie Broken Flowers and I really liked the mix of influences in their music. I looked up one of their albums, Dual Mono, and it's really really good. How come i've never heard of these guys before?

they got lost in the shuffle. :) i havent seen the greenhornes live for a few years. i wish theyd come back down here.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say