Band of Horses

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited November 2006 in Other Music
My little sis downloaded the song 'the funeral", and it sounds really good.
Anyone know anything about this band?
Is their album any good?
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• About half of it is great, and the other half is ok. Check out "weed party," "wicked gil," and "great salt lake."
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    decent album.. takes a couple listens.. it has a lot of depth once you get into it.. good live act aswell
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    a decent first ouput. imo some songs i like, others i don't. but are they still together? i thought one of the two split a few months ago.
    Live Free or Die!
  • I have this cd, and it's alright. Give it a few listens.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • I enjoy it...think it's good...MMJish
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    personally speaking, this album is in my top 10 of the year, if not top 5...
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    best band ive heard in a long long time. seriously, band of horses has much potential right now.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yeah they are pretty good live too ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Download the new record. I just got into them, they were just in my neck of the woods and am kicking myself for not going to the show. Their sound is new and refreshing. Its a hell of a lot better than current rock mainstream acts thats for damn sure. I wish I had known about them over the summer, their music exudes summer and warm weather, sunny days.

Every day i find myself liking this band more and more. Very cool and relaxing sound
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    The Great Salt Lake has turned into one of those songs that I just can't get enough of. The rest of the album isn't too shabby, but nothing groundbreaking.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They are pretty cool. Not spectacular in my opinion but good.

You have probably heard their best song in funeral.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22