Inspired

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I'm tired of all these gimmicks in rock music today. Are their any honest and meaningful bands producing music to get you through the day? Music to inspire, motivate, or basically anything that imitates life. Life music if you will.
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    The Mountain Goats is about as real as it gets.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    transplant wrote:
    The Mountain Goats is about as real as it gets.

DL a few songs off "the sunset tree", sounds good. Alot of acoustic with little production.
    Any suggestions on a record purchase?
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    mdigenakis wrote:
    DL a few songs off "the sunset tree", sounds good. Alot of acoustic with little production.
    Any suggestions on a record purchase?
    Tallahassee is one of the greatest CD's I have heard in the past 5 years and that is no shit. It starts off slow but oh boy does it build.

You pretty much nailed the jist of them. You must listen to the lyrics, they are pointless to listen to unless you do. It is impossible to not get moved by his songwriting.

You can pretty much go for the last 5 of theirs and not go wrong. There are plenty others but I have yet to dive into them. Not sure why I haven't.
  • mdigenakis wrote:
    I'm tired of all these gimmicks in rock music today. Are their any honest and meaningful bands producing music to get you through the day? Music to inspire, motivate, or basically anything that imitates life. Life music if you will.

There are plenty...just gotta look in the right places for them.
  • i stumbled on a band called Grandaddy lately. I love them so much because their stories tell of things very much about everyday life, but in a unique twist.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)