Albums of the moment.

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited December 2007 in Other Music
what albums/songs are you listening to as of late?

I'm listening to:
In Utero (literally right now)
In Rainbows
An End Has A Start
At War with the Mystics
Vitalogy
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    Pink Floyd - PULSE
    Pink Floyd - Animals
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    Tool - Aenima

Those have been the main ones of late.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • All of Kid Rock
    All of Silverchair
    All of RHCP
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Angel Dust - Faith No More (Just discovered it... midlife crisis is so good)

Audioslave - Out of Exile (I always had the other two and never really got into this one)

Decemberists - The Crane Wife (Something new, I really like The Landlords Daughter... but I wish the 4 songs weren't combined)

Spoon - Girls can tell (Nice CD, but nothing beats Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga)

Silverchair - Young Modern (I checked it out for the second time... I think I'm really starting to like it)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium/By The Way (ever since I saw the Charlie Music Video)

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare (I heard This house is a cirus on a radio station and had to have it)

The Weakerthans - Reunion Tour (Civil Twilight is the shit)

Iron & Wine - The Shepherds Dog (Second time through loving it)
  • Top 5, AT THE MOMENT:

1. Down - III: Over the Under
    2. King Crimson - Red
    3. The Who - Tommy
    4. Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
    5. Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I try not to listen to any single album more than two or three time per week (at the VERY most), but these are the more significant ones as of late:

Townes Van Zandt - Delta Momma Blues
    Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
    Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Follow the Lights
    Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther

In short, those are my most recent purchases and Christmas gifts. I'm also looking forward to the arrival of some online orders.
  • At the moment:
    PJ - Vs and Vitalogy
    Mudhoney - Under a Billion Suns
    Nirvana - Bleach
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Botch-We Are The Romans
    Dillinger Escape Plan-Ire Works
    Cave In-Creative Eclipses EP
  • DJ Skee - American Godfather

Wu-Tang - 8 Diagrams

Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
    NERDS!
  • PJ - Vitalogy, right now.

Also a lot of Johnny Cash, Tom Waits, Incubus, Deftones..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Alice - Tom Waits (just so beautiful)

Takk - Sigur Ros (my favourite band right now)

Year Zero - NIN (better than people give credit)

Hvarf/heim - Sigor Ros (stunning)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Takk - Sigur Ros (my favourite band right now)

How could I forget these? Agreed.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun (an old stoner rock classic!)
    Brand New - The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me
    Okkervil River - the Stage Names (pure gold if you like ... Arcade Fire)
    Jim Ward - quiet EP (nice acoustic debut by Sparta frontman)
    Portugal. the Man - Waiter: ''You Vultures!''
  • Eraserhead wrote:
    Pink Floyd - PULSE
    Pink Floyd - Animals
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    Tool - Aenima

Those have been the main ones of late.
    Animals is fuckin' dope...never get sick of it.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    The Who - Quadrophenia

The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

Muddy Waters - The Best of Muddy Waters
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • honestly i haven't listened to an entire album in a WHILE.
    like 3 or 4 months.

I think i'm entering a phase of heavy "shuffle" dependency.

There just is nothing i can really get behind with enough conviction to listen to all the way through.

The only two albums i would try to get all the way through these days would probably be No Code or Lifes Rich Pageant ... but i just don't see even that happening.

I've become too fidgity.
    My "favorites" are all becoming a bit repetitive, and i am looking for those little "dusty gem" songs to stack together from lots of different albums.

Don't know if my ADHD is catching up with me, or if it is legitimate boredom with the old songs, forcing me to just listen to playlists and shuffles.

:(

The last albums i got real joy out of were Under The Big Black Sun and Rock Animals ... but i think i'm done with those, now.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?