Pearl Jam

mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Pearl Jam is my favorite group. I keep thinking to myself that i've been on this PJ jones for the longest time. Hold On(as it plays), i thought to myself, i listen to other albums by other artists, but i'm always listening to a PJ album at the same time(not literally). this "jones" has been going on since 2001 and i don't see it going away.who else is with me? here it comes, man, Ledbetter has the greatest opening.
"Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    why are you posting on this forum??!!!!

:D:D:D

we are ALL addicted it's safe to say.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Lizard wrote:
    why are you posting on this forum??!!!!

:D:D:D

we are ALL addicted it's safe to say.
    just wanted to see who has them as #1? it's safe to say a great many will.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    madness
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    well, they are my #1!!!!

:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • elivedderelivedder Posts: 28
    mdigenakis wrote:
    Pearl Jam is my favorite group. I keep thinking to myself that i've been on this PJ jones for the longest time. Hold On(as it plays), i thought to myself, i listen to other albums by other artists, but i'm always listening to a PJ album at the same time(not literally). this "jones" has been going on since 2001 and i don't see it going away.who else is with me? here it comes, man, Ledbetter has the greatest opening.

I'm agree with you...I always return to PJ...because their music is music of my life
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    They are the greatest band. Pearl Jam has been my number 1 since TEN came out. I have never had another favorite band since then, and I have never ever stopped listening to them. I think most people will agree to this on here, as it is a Pearl Jam forum. You can write your PJ love on any of these pages!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I love their music but i don't listen to them as much as i used to. i usually go in spurts. Where i will listen to them non stop for a while.

Honestly I hate to say it but them blowing off the south kind of made it easier to not get into one of those pearl jam spurts. I usually tend to do so when they are touring and i'm excited about it and anticipating a show i can go to.

oh well I'm sure you are not alone though i know there were times i felt like you do just not recently.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    Pearl Jam is my #1 band and that will most likely never change. They've been my favorite band since 95 when I found out about them with Vitalogy. Just so I don't listen to the same thing over and over again (monotony is very boring), I mix it up with the bands that I listen to, but PJ definitely gets more airtime than any other band.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    without a doubt #1 here as well

the past 2 years or so i've really been trying my utmost to expand my music taste/appreciation/knowledge by exploring a large variety of old and new bands, and although i've discovered some excellent new music, i always seem to return to pearl jam (as if my home).

their music really does hold up against the greats, atleast imo.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    #1 for me

I've listened to about 2 hours of pearl jam a day for the last year.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    They share #1 with NIN. I can't put either above the other.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Who would've thought that a thread may be moved to the Porch?